We are in a state of pure bliss! This day started super early but I wouldn't have had it any other way since we got the entire day together. We actually saw Andy around 8:30 this morning but started out waiting at the Field House on post at around 6:45. Not too bad and thanks to Sarah I had a friend to wait along with me. She came to take pictures so she is why I have these to post.
This is when we were waiting:
The girls were super tired since I pulled them out of bed at 5:30...but they were troopers. I let them run around with all the other kids because I wanted them less squirmy for when we did get to be with Andy.
However, I had to put Avery back in the stroller at one point because she just kept getting further and further away. She was not happy about that...as you can imagine! This face just cracks me up. We were trying to keep her as happy as possible as tired as she was. In the midst of us waiting, someone decided to pull the fire alarm. We had to wait a little longer to see our special guests because they wanted that stopped beforehand. So then we waited for the fire department to get there and turn off the alarm, all while we could see the buses had pulled up and they were all waiting outside. Seriously??!! The timing was totally ironic. Extra stimulation for a tired baby...awesome!
We were all clapping because we saw the buses pull up and Avery joined in.
Trying to wait patiently...it was hard.
I really couldn't believe this was happening!!! It was too surreal.
Kinsey was looking for Daddy.
But we couldn't find him in the huge group. Turns out we were on the opposite side from him.
Then the fun really begins!
I love Kinsey's head on his shoulder.
She has so much to tell him...she was totally smitten with him. I think this little girl's dreams just came true today.
We got stopped by a reporter to answer some questions.
The love of my life is back home...where he belongs! I am so proud of him! We made it! Bye bye deployment calendar :)
AND before anyone asks...I will not be pregnant anytime soon. :)
Thanks again to Sarah...I love all the pictures!

10 comments:
Aww, come on, I need someone to be in the 3 little girls club with me!! ;-) Haha!
Couldn't help but tear up, of course!!! Enjoy your family girl!
I also couldn't help but tear up. Great pictures.
I know it's been a long long year and it's nice to see you look sooooooo happy. I am happy for you guys!
I just love that he's home...and I love how happy Kinsey is...that's what keeps making me cry, I think because Jack would be the same way.
ANyways, love you guys!!
Wonderful pictures! Thank goodness this "adventure" in the lives of our Fortenberrys is over. Welcome home, Andrew Dodd, we love you and are so proud of you and all of your sweet girls. MOM and DAD
So thankful that Andy is home. Thank you, Andy and Alyssa, for the sacrifice you made so that we can live in a free country. You are our heroes!!
Leah
Look at you BEAM with excitement that your MAN is HOME!!!! I am so excited for you all as you settle back into the reality of Andy being home. Loved the pictures and of course cried as soon as the one of you embracing Andy came up. Praying for a time of rest and rejuvination for you, Andy, and the girls.
I'm with the others- totally teared up looking at the pics! You made it- all of you!! So extremely happy for you and cannot wait to see the next year of blogs- with the whole family in the pictures!
Yay!!!!! I am so glad he is home!!!
I am so super duper happy for you. And that's all I have to say. :)
I saw these on facebook and I still cried.
SO happy for your family!
Post a Comment