Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mission Successful!


Article to read

If you follow this link (click on "article to read"), it will take you to the report of Andy's brigade crossing over into Kuwait as the FINAL combat troops of the war. Total they lost 34 soldiers over their time in Iraq (which includes their previous tour there). I'm really proud looking at these pictures seeing that my husband was a part of something great in American history. I have a lot of friends whose husbands were a part of this same war and I'm sure they can also be proud that this is over and their soldiers had a part in something great!

This is also why I didn't talk much about him coming home and any dates...they just crossed over today (six days after his return). Since these guys were driving Strykers out of there, we were asked by the Brigade commander to keep it quiet for their safety.

They are safe and on their way home! Go USA!!!!

1 comment:

Nona said...

No one understands the sacrifice these men and women have made, not to mention their families. This is a proud moment for all of us. Sure hope they get a great celebration when they get home.