Thursday, August 26, 2010

30

Today I am 30! I am so excited about what my 30's will hold. I loved my 20's but I have a feeling life will just get better and better...at least that's what I'm going to hope for.

Here are 30 things I am truly thankful for from the past 10 years of my life:

1. my happy and healthy family
2. a nightly bed partner AKA Andy home again
3. family time together
4. great, supportive, and loving friends and family
5. two college degrees
6. smiles on our girls' faces
7. people who love me for me (despite my flaws)
8. waterfront restaurants
9. a wonderful babysitter and date nights with Andy
10.playdates with awesome moms and friends
11.a place to serve at our church
12.a pillow I hate to leave in the morning
13.a pink Blackberry I couldn't live without
14.a steady paycheck...thank you Andy
15.life experiences I'll always keep as great memories
16.a vehicle I feel safe in
17.a grandmother who survived cancer
18.Christmas with family
19.pumpkin patches in the fall
20.ADT alarm service
21.DVR on our tv
22.our family blog
23.surviving a deployment with the little ladies
24.big family breakfasts on Saturday mornings
25.all the trips Andy and I took before we had babies
26.cards people send-I keep them all!
27.Skype!!!!!!!!!!!
28.text messaging
29.my planner...I would be LOST!
30.my GOD! He's the best!

The very best birthday gift I could have asked for woke up with me this morning...my husband!

Now, on to the next 30...

8 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Happy Birthday, Alyssa.

What a beautiful, precious post! I hope the next 30 are so awesome for you.

Leah

Riann said...

Awwww! Happy Birthday, Alyssa! I hope it's such a wonderful day!!

Kristen said...

Great post! Again the pregnant lady has tears in her eyes! Haha! So happy for you!!

The Medcalfs said...

Your post was so good for your birthday day! Thank you for sharing the 30 list! Love you all and hope today is a wonderful birthday!!

Nona said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl. Love the list of 30. This is the year you earned your "badge." You are a survivor and you and your sweet family deserve all the wonderful celebrations that are to come. Hope you have a wonderful day. Love you always, Mom and Dad

Kallie said...

Hope this is the BEST day!! Happy 30th!!

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

Here's to 30! Enjoy this decade!

amy said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! I love the post and am so glad Andy is there for your birthday :)