Monday we went to the Puyallup Fair here in town. Kinsey ended up with this sweater jacket as a souvenir. I love it on her. The hat is the funniest part...it's like a conehead.
I absolutely LOVE getting packages in the mail...it doesn't even have to be something for me. This week a package came from my Aunt Becky for Avery. This cuddly playmat is really soft and Avery loves playing on it. She's starting to really play with toys.
Kinsey has been hilarious at bedtime. Even though this is the end of the night and I'm usually glad it's time for bed, I am not in any hurry. This is one of the sweetest times of the day with her. She giggles uncontrollably as you get her dressed, loves reading her books, and her little "Amen" is so precious. Even getting her snuggled into her bed is cute. Or maybe I just dote over this little lady too much...oh well, she's mine to dote over. :) One night I heard a noise upstairs and I went to check it out. She had gotten herself into her babydoll little pack n play and was asleep. I still don't see how she got in the thing but I got her out without waking her up. Do two year olds sleepwalk???
These little smiles on Avery MAKE my day...she is so incredibly happy!
There are things around this house that sometimes feel like Andy is still here. His laundry that I'm just now washing for example. I kinda thought well as long as there's laundry, it still feels like he's living here. Now it has sat there long enough and I'm going to have to do it unless I want to live in a house that smells like dirty clothes. Not that he stinks...you know what dirty clothes smell like! Everytime I turn the corner to our street, there sits his truck. That may be the hardest thing to see still. Hopefully at some point I just won't even see it. He planted these tomato plants months ago and they made a few tomatoes while he was here. I knew there were a few tomatoes I would be able to pick after he left but there were even more hiding underneath a limb. What a surprise!
Kinsey was amazed with the tomatoes but kept calling them apples.
Where's Kinsey? I know she's in here!
There she is!
Beautiful Bath Babies
As hard as this week was, there were moments where all that mattered was that I had these two beautiful smiles looking back at me. I may have been looking at them through a pretty wet face, but they were sure smiling.

11 comments:
Praying for you, Alyssa. Those two girls are such cuties and they will give you plenty to focus on in the coming months.
Leah
I love this post for so many reasons!!!
Do you know what the picture of Kinsey in the pack n' play reminds me of? The time I brought Lorelai over and she took a nap in Kinsey's pack and play, but was stuffed in like a sausage! It's so funny how they can sleep like that!!!
The girls are so stinkin' beautiful! I miss you guys!
I remember that Rachel. That was too funny.
The last photo of them together is priceless and so sweet!!! Congrats on making it through the first week!
You are a survivor that is for sure! Glad the first week is behind you and you are able to talk and see Andy from this far away. The girls are PRECIOUS!
Love you all, MOM
The bath picture is gorgeous! Wil's dirty laundry was the hardest for me to tackle when he was gone, too, but thankfully all the emotions became less intense with time. Not to say that I didn't cry at Walmart all the time when I had to buy junk food to send to him (not sure if I was crying because of the thought of him or the fact that I was spending a small fortune on junk food every month). You are an inspiration to many of us, even though you don't see it that way. Congrats on the first week well done!
So proud of you, believe it or not you truly are doing great...despite those bags under your eyes. Nothing a whole lot of make up can't fix! Just kidding, you are amazing to all of us.
I love the new pictures as well as everyone else. They are just precious little ladybugs! I can't wait to see them.
Why does the month of December have to come after November? Why not after the months of August??? Hmmm...let me work on that.
Peace homie
i love reading your blog. i laugh. i cry. we're at your service if you need anything.
really great post alyssa! i am glad you didn't write, "the only bummer is that the one gal who told me we'd hang out all of the time has only seen me once since andy left." i feel terrible...sorry!
Hi Alyssa,
One week down! YEA! The girls are so pretty. I love the new pictures you posted. I know Andy misses all of you too!
I think of you alot and hopefully the time will fly by.
Love you,
Marilyn
It's so nice to hear that you have made it through that first week. I thought of you a lot, sorry I never wrote to you or anything!!! I hope the time goes by faster and faster each week (minus the times you want to go slow with your two beautiful girls!). Call me anytime you need, and maybe I can come visit you over next summer?!?!
Post a Comment