This has been the biggest whirlwind of time in, I think, my entire life. It has been packed full of so many different emotions that I am amazed I haven't gone into overload. First and most importantly we had our second baby girl, Avery Dot. As I said before, we named her after Andy's grandmother, Dorothy who goes by Dot. Grandma Dot is someone you just look forward to seeing. She is so sweet, so thoughful, so considerate...I could really go on and on for days about the positive qualities in this woman. When thinking about everyone we know, she is one person we are honored to name our daughter after. I really can't even put into words how much we love Grandma Dot.
Several of you mentioned my hospital gown. Well, my talented seamstress of a mother made it for me. Rachel told me about Tori Spelling having a special gown when she delivered. So Rachel put the thought in my head and my mom seemed interested in making one. My sister, who was also pregnant at the time, had her make her one too. She wore hers before I did. I wanted a bright and fun pink pattern and it's definitely what I got. Thanks Mom! Loved the gown!! I didn't feel like I was in some old hospital gown everyone had worn before me. I think it's cool how many people noticed it. Laura, you can get them everywhere online. Try www.etsy.com and search hospital gowns. There are a ton.
We saw some family before we left San Antonio, which was great because who knows when we'll see them again. My parents, my sister, her babies Harrison and Bailynn, Neal and Lucretia with their little boy Neal Jr., and then Andy's parents made the trek cross country with us. It was great having company. They all took their turns at keeping Kinsey occupied and giving her some needed attention with all the new excitement of the baby.
Kinsey is doing pretty good. She has definitely come to realize life is different and that this new little princess is going no where. Us and the grandparents had all bought Kinsey things to use with her baby to help her understand what is going on with the new baby. She is just wanting to put her baby in Avery's baby gear instead. But it's only been three weeks and SOOOOOO much has changed for her in the past month alone. So much has changed for Andy and me and we understand these changes but she does not. I can't imagine what is going through her little head right now. For as much as she has dealt with, I'd say she's doing pretty good.
We finished packing up and got on the road. You know we had already closed on the house, but as we drove away I couldn't help but be pretty sad. I loved our house! It's no longer ours and as glad as I am that we did sell it, I was still very sad to say goodbye to it. It took us four days to get to WA, which was what our plan was. Andy drove the big truck, his dad and Rocky were in the Dodge, and his mom, me, Kinsey, and Avery were in the Pathfinder. We drove and drove and then drove some more. Boy were we glad to get here. As painful as I thought this drive was going to be because of the distance and Kinsey's hate for her carseat, it was actually okay. Not bad at all! Kinsey did really well in her carseat (unlike ever before) and each day went by and then the next day went by. It really does help to take one day at a time. I was lucky because I had some company. It was really nice to have Andy's mom in the car with me. We could talk and keep each other sane. We had Mr. Jim and Mrs. Theresa with us until Wednesday morning and so we got a lot done while they were here. If they wouldn't have been here, I think we would still be unpacking for weeks. It is so hard to do anything when Kinsey is awake.
We are still getting settled and figuring out this new place. I think we're going to like it here but it feels like a million miles away. Just making phone calls takes some thought so we don't wake everyone back home up. I think I've included most of the highlights. Hope everyone is doing well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'm so glad you were all kept safe on the long trip to your new "home" in WA. You are right, it does seem a million miles away. Can't wait for our first visit! Love and miss you all, MOM and DAD
p.s. Kiss those babies for me!
Enjoyed the update and I was definitely thinking about all of you on that 4 day journey to Washington! We are going to see G-Dot this weekend! Spur of the moment trip and I am so excited! You are right- she is an AWESOME lady! That is so neat that Avery has her name--love ya! Aunt Janet
Jason and I tried to talk you out of the do-it-yourself move (because we knew we couldn't handle it under all of your circumstances) but you all did it anyway! You must be the most patient, laid-back woman that I know! I know that from watching you parent Kinsey--you're not high strung, you don't hover, you let her figure things out, and then you get giddy because you can't believe how much you love her! I will miss watching you parent Avery Dot.
Love the pictures!
So glad you are there and your trip went well!
Thanks for the info on the hospital gown. If I could get my act together, I could sew one for myself! I went to the etsy site and there are lots of cute ones on there! Did you wear yours during labor or just afterwards?
So good to hear that your trip went well. Andy, you have got the most beautifulest girls. What a lucky man. We will stay in touch with ya'll.
Love, Deb and Joe
I'm glad you guys made it. I am going to a baby shower in two weeks and that gown is a great idea for my gift. Thanks for sharing!!!
Oh, my heart just goes out to you...I still remember driving away from our house in Raeford! It was heart-wrenching. And I still miss it. And this new place felt like a million miles away. It will get better! But I do know how hard this move has been friend...I do.
I loved all the pictures. Your new house/yard looks beautiful. I'm a little jealous, wish that we lived in the Seattle area.
Avery is beautiful! Kinsey too!
I should vow to never complain about our 14 hour drive to Mississippi ever again!
Thinking about you all....
Avery Dot is beautiful! Kinsey's hair is getting so long! You look amazing...downright tired in some of those pics...but still Amazing!
Big hugs to you all!
Candace
Post a Comment