Sunday, May 17, 2009

This New Place

We have this same type of budding tree in the front yard and in the back. I absolutely love it. Everywhere you look you see trees...tons and tons of beautiful trees. Actually the view is breathtaking. The past couple of days have been quite clear with no rain (or little rain) and we can see all the way to the top of Mount Rainier.


Big sister Kinsey...




...she has been such a "big helper" lately. Her favorite pasttime since Avery was born has been running over to her in the one moment we aren't looking and yank Avery's pacifier out of her mouth. Avery actually likes a pacifier and I like that she likes one. Kinsey yanks it out and then stuffs it back in her mouth. As you can imagine, Avery doesn't like this!

Yesterday I heard giggling upstairs, so of course I follow the laughter. What do I find...a 19 month old little lady changing her own poopy diaper. Not much poop but the child had laid herself down on the floor, had gotten a wipe and was wiping her behind, and had a clean diaper ready to position. Should I say we are ready for potting training?????

She does do some really helpful things though. She picks up her toys and puts them away sometimes without being asked. She smiles and laughs and steals your heart. With having two babies to bounce between along with getting situated in a new place and life seeming so different, I am realizing I better not take those little laughs and smiles for granted. She has already grown up so fast and there's no stopping time!

Little Miss Dot...




...she is such a sweet baby. I would almost venture to say perfect at this moment. She smiled yesterday...not a sleep newborn smile but an awake one. It was adorable. She loves to be held especially after Kinsey has gone to bed; I really think she has figured out this is HER time. Maybe she's also a smart one!!! She has been looking around more and more everyday. I am loving having a baby again.

I left out some very important information about us moving here. For those of you who know, I love Sonic. There's something about a Sonic drink...the cup, the good ice, and the fact it's a fountain drink...I could go on and on. I knew we were moving here and before even looking into houses, I checked out the Sonic locations. Think what you want...just being honest. No Sonic for 92 miles. I came to the realization I was leaving that behind. We got here Friday night right at midnight and as we are driving down the main road here, I am scouting out all the stores and places. Low and behold, what do we pass? A Sonic that says Grand Opening April 25. No Joke! There's a Sonic here in Puyallup.

11 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm glad you guys made it to Washington safely! I'm also happy for you that you found a Sonic!!!! That's great!! How's the unpacking going? Well tell Kinsey I say hi! I'm going to miss you guys!!

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

You are SO lucky they are building a Sonic!!! The closest one for me is 40 miles away! :-( The toughest thing is when they show Sonic commercials around here and tempt me with a cherry limeade over that awesome ice. It's not fair. I haven't been to a Sonic in about 5 years. The last time was when we were moving up here and we got breakfast at a Sonic in Arkansas.
Anyway, your daughters are beautiful and so are you. Thanks for the Washington update. What's the weather like there?

amy said...

How perfect about the Sonic!!! I'm also glad you like having a baby again ... she sounds adorable

Rebecca said...

Confession: I have never been to a Sonic.. ever. Didn't have them nearby growing up and then just never went to one since. Guess I am missing out?
I am SO glad that little Dot is being such a good baby. I can only hope the transition will go so well for me too with two little ones. Thanks for the cute pictures, and you look GREAT by the way.

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

Ok, I actually DONT believe the Sonic news. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Lucky dog! That is too hilarious for words. Thank the good Lord, He knows how bad you will be needing those crazy cokes. I guess your prayer request got answered....well, one of them at least!!

I'm so jealous I wasn't there to see her first smile stunt. She is so sweet, her little fuzzy wuzzy top is my fav. And, I seriously just realized like a few weeks back that you all share the same initials...how special.

Anonymous said...

The new pictures are so sweet. The expression on your face in the one of you and Avery is priceless; ahhh...Motherhood! You are right about those giggles (precious Kinsey giggles) irresistable! About the Sonic - Did the sign say "In honor of Alyssa Fortenberry?" Well, it should have. I am sure you will be one of their favorite customers! Love, MOM

Leah Adams said...

So glad you guys made the move safely. I've thought about you and knew that eventually we would hear from you.

Leah

Dan and Holly said...

Welcome to Washington! Mike & Kallie said you are in town. Give me a call if you ever need anything! Yay for living in Washington! :)

Huse Yo Mama said...

I just want you to know that this is really a changing time for your family. I mean, it couldn't get any better. Andy will be a happy man - your marriage will be better than ever....

the fact that a Sonic is going in near you just might have saved your life!

Anonymous said...

Alyssa,
Both of those beauties, look radient, in pink.

I love you,
Aunt helen

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

I found ADF's blanket from Bev the other day, if you need a replacement, they have one at the ever-so-popular TJMAXX. I know you are super shocked that with my crazy lifestyle I still found time for shopping there. What can I say? I need TJ rehab. Jan and I both.