Thursday, April 23, 2009

Introducing Avery Dot Fortenberry



As Andy and I got into our car to come home this afternoon, we looked into the backseat and saw two sleeping little girls. Just like that our family grew from three to four. Every birth really is so special. Avery Dot is just perfect! She was named after Andy's grandmother, Dorothy, who goes by Grandma Dot. I will write later about this in more detail. Let's just say a special name for a special baby!

Slide show for now...I'll write more later.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Fortenberry girls! What a lucky man Andy is.....Love you all, MOM and Dad

The Medcalfs said...

Avery Dot is beautiful! I am so happy that she and her Mom are doing great!! Love you all! Aunt Janet

Erin said...

She looks perfect in every way.
You look AMAZING!!
Andy looks so handsome with his proud smiling faces!
Kinsey looks like such a big girl!

Sniff, sniff--I wish I was there to hold Avery!

Love you guys...

Uma and Wil said...

Congratulations! You guys look like such old pros at this baby thing now. Welcome to the world, Avery Dot! I adore your name. I think you are absolutely adorable (and big!) and look just like you big sister. Be a good baby and let your parents rest up a bit, huh? Hugs and kisses all around.

Huse Yo Mama said...

Oh my gosh, thank you very much, I'm BAWLING!! She looks so much like Kinsey did! BEAUTIFUL!

I love her. I love her name. I love you guys! CONGRATULATIONS!

By the way, I'm loving your gown!

Anonymous said...

Aylssa dear,
I am over the moon, about Avery Dot!
Hon, you look beautiful.
What a blessing !

I love you so much,
Aunt helen

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! We are so excited for the new addition. Avery is beautiful. We love you'll all so much! I know Kinsey is so excited to be the big sister!
Aunt Kathy and Tony

Leah Adams said...

Congratulations!! God bless your little family!! She is beautiful. Can't wait to see more pics. You look fantastic in the hospital.

Leah

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

Welcome, Avery Dot!! I love the name! I think it's awesome that you chose Andy's grandmother's name for her middle name...that's so special!
Congratulations!! She is precious! You look so good too...I really like the gown you had on...I think you got that from somewhere online, right? If so, you will have to let me know where so I can get something like that for October. :-)

JAMIE'S CREW said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful family!

Mari said...

Aww I got so teary looking at this because it took me back to a year ago when I had Annabelle. Having 2 girls so close is so so special.

I am so excited for you because I know the joys that lie ahead, even in the times of trial. Yesterday the girls were making funny noises and laughing at each other in the car, and it was such a joyous moment for me and I realized how lucky I was to be blessed with two beauties.

And that gown was FABULOUS! :)

Rebecca said...

Congratulations Momma! What a great head of hair on that beautiful little girl. Praying for a rested couple weeks and an easy transition to Seattle.

You have a beautiful FAMILY!

Kallie said...

Thank you so much for those great pictures! I'm so excited for you guys! What a beautiful family ya'll have! I was bawling through the slide show...precious!

Avery is beautiful! I think she does look a lot like Kinsey! You look beautiful too! I hope you get to enjoy this precious time as a family!
Love you guys!

Jamie Lynn said...

YAY! I love her and can't wait to meet her! Congratulations to all three of you! I just know she's gonna look like Alyssa!

Anonymous said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL JUST LIKE HER BIG SISTER. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!

ERIN GILDON

Anonymous said...

Alyssa darling,
Your lookin adorable in that gown.
Gurl you work those "spots" !
:D

God Bless You,
Aunt helen

Riann said...

Congratulations, Fortenberrys!! We are so excited for you and hate that we had to leave just before. Miss you guys and cannot wait to watch the girls grow through pictures. Thinking about you!

David Bacle said...

Great photos. You're so blessed.

THE BENEDICT'S said...

I'm glad she came early! Y'all look so beautiful. Congrats again!

Anna said...

We are thinking about all 4 of you! Hope things are falling into place! Call when you get a chance...