Kinsey is starting to smile more. Her little personality is beginning to show a little bit. It has been fun watching her many faces she makes whether it's when she's waking up, having just eaten, or just playing. This picture isn't exactly a smile, but it's all I could catch on camera so far. Enjoy!
We are beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel as we near week six (since that is supposed to be the "magic" week); we are figuring out what some of those cries are, not to say that there aren't still some mysterious bouts of crying. This beginning stage is such a learning process for everyone concerned...her and us. Everyone says the first weeks are the hardest; however, I disagree. I would say for us the first two weeks were easier than weeks three and four. She slept most of those first weeks and learned how to use those strong vocal chords the next two. I've heard several people say, "it's just so hard to be a baby." In my opinion, it probably is so hard to be a baby. She is learning so much and has only been on this earth for five weeks. She has a lot to take in...so for now, I'm going to hold her when she cries and try to comfort her. After all, she's only this precious age once. Right?!

2 comments:
isn't it great how every experience can be so different? and just when you think you "have it all down" they go and switch it up on you. She'll definitely continue to keep you on your toes!
Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow. We made some goodies tonight. You might want to come over early!
Hi, I am Rachel and Kallie's friend in NC. Just wanted to say that I am enjoying your blog AND I completely understand your post - I have a 12 week old. For me, everything started getting a lot easier and I got a lot more sleep at week 9.
She is sure precious!
Post a Comment