Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sick Baby

Yesterday was a blast! I woke up with a splitting headache and then proceeded to throwup. Wonderful! I could barely walk around the house. I thought how in the world am I going to do this today! I managed to get the girls fed and I even ate a piece of raisin bread which was obviously a mistake, since my stomach didn't agree. When it came time for Avery's nap, Kinsey and I got in my bed and she watched PBS. That's how bad I was! Well after Avery's nap, my friend Sarah came over. She watched all four kids and let me take a nap. Thank goodness because after she left, I realized Kinsey was on fire. So now I am praying that no other children get sick since Kinsey was obviously sick and I was too sick to notice. Kinsey had a fever of 103 which did go down later in the day only to rise again this morning at 104. I am hoping this fever goes down and stays down or we'll be making a trek to the doctor's office.



On a happier note, here is Avery eating by herself. She is making quite the mess but I am loving her wanting to feed herself. AND so much easier since my hands are free while she does feed herself. These little pasta stars were a hit with her! Rocky is also very helpful during this time as I don't have to clean up the floor when she's done. :)


8 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Oh mercy, I hope all of you feel better soon!! So sorry!

Leah

Nona said...

I am glad Kinsey is feeling better this afternoon. The smile on VV's face says it all. She could be in a commercial for pasta stars! Love ya, MOM

Sarah said...

So sorry you had to endure such a sucky day. I hope Kinsey gets to feeling better very soon!

amy said...

Alyssa, that is horrible! I hope you all feel better soon :(

Huse Yo Mama said...

awww....Kinsey's FACE in that picture! So sad!

And, can I say how proud I am of you to see your daughter so messy and covered in food! :-)

Get better soon, guys!

Rebecca said...

Seriously, being sick with two kids, especially one that is sicker than you, is Super challenging. Sending mighty prayers your way for healing and energy.
Your girls are so darling, sick or healthy!

Kristen said...

I hope you all start feeling better soon!!!! That's no fun at all!!!

sarah said...

so next week when you are all feeling better-drop the girls off so you can go get a pedi or something!!! You need a little TLC-hate being sick, but so much worse for you with Andy gone and no family around:( I am praying for you!!!!!!!