Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Crafty Fun

I love doing crafts and I love how excited Kinsey gets when we do something artsy. As much as she loves to color, right now she loves to break crayons even more than using them. Fun! So I thought we could use those broken crayons to make something out of them...more crayons. We made heart shaped ones. Check out what we did:

Step 1: remove paper wrappers from crayon pieces and break into smaller pieces if they are somewhat big.


Step 2: grease or spray pan with Pam. {Hint: using a silicone pan was very easy when getting them out by pushing from the bottom} Put pieces into pan either by same color or mix them up. Kinsey had a lot of fun doing this part.




Step 3: melt in a 400 degree oven for just a few minutes.


Step 4: let them dry for a while before taking them out of the pan.


Step 5: have fun with your new crayons!

7 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

Look at you, crafty bloggin' mama!!! I love it!

sarah said...

LOVE it! what a great idea!!

The Medcalfs said...

I love this!! What a fun thing to do!!

andrea said...

I know this is super nerdy, but I love the first picture of the crayons. Great photography. Oh, and the girls are pretty cute, too. :)

Ed and Christy Millard said...

love how these turned out!!

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

This is sooo cool! I wish I had seen this before I threw away a few of her broken crayons this week.

Sarah said...

These are too cute! Brenner LOVES breaking crayons too, and it totally frustrates me! Maybe I will have to get a silicone pan...