Thursday, January 21, 2010

pictures, pictures, and MORE pictures

This baby is so happy! I'm so thankful for her!!


Rocky loves to be close to one of us at all times.


Avery and me...trying to get a good picture.


So around here we play in jammies and sleep in church clothes obviously. Didn't realize how often they have on pajamas until seeing these pictures. Good thing I'm giving myself a break from some rules of life this year...like putting on clothes when we aren't going anywhere.


Really Mom, pictures this early in the morning?


Morning playtime...they are starting to play so well together and it's one of my most favorite sights! I LOVE 18 months apart.


Kinsey really is enjoying her dollhouse. Her role play is hilarious to me.


Kinsey is becoming the Octomom...she gets as many babies as she can take care of at a time and carries them around (after they have all been fed, diapered, and changed). Then when she can't carry anymore, she calls out, "MOM" for help carrying the rest.


Angels sleeping:



Crazy Anne


This is the face she makes when I tell her to say "Cheese". She screams CHEESE!


Avery posing for me in her little bathtub. The girls take baths side-by-side in different tubs at the same time. Figuring out how to make life work this year has been interesting at times but we are doing it.


Avery's first haircut: before cut (done by my good friend, Christy)


Avery's first haircut: after cut


When I opened the door to get Avery out of her carseat, this is what I found. A happy, messy faced girl thanks to a biter biscuit. She was happy about it.


Little DIVA


We have survived four whole months without Andy. Whew! Needless to say I will be sooooo happy when this is all over with and he's at home being a part of our everyday lives again. For now, I'm just trying to deal with being a mom of two and not getting too aggravated with people's stupid comments about how this is NO BIG DEAL or how quickly time is flying. Really? Thankfully I have these two sweet little ladies to keep me busy and they pour out so much love. That is what is such a joy! Really when Avery smiles at me (and when she smiles, she grins from ear to ear) or when Kinsey says "Mommy", my heart skips a beat!

My best friend, Erin, just visited for almost a week. I don't have one picture from her visit...can you believe it? We had so much fun; from the time she landed until she took off again, we didn't stop talking. When she left, Kinsey said "Erin, more". She wanted more of Erin. That makes for two of us. Thanks for the visit, Erin. We had a BLAST!

10 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Ok, who would be so insane as to say that having your husband in east out jabib fighting a war and having to manage two little ones by yourself is NO BIG DEAL. I believe they should be recipients of the "Here's your sign" award.

Good grief!! Alyssa, just ignore them.

Leah

Sarah said...

Okay... the octomom thing killed me!

Rebecca said...

Agreed on both posts. Octomom -- awesome. See, that is why I need a girl. It just isn't as funny when you talk about carrying trucks and cars everywhere. :)

I love the sleeping avery with the toy in her mouth. HA. THey are so cute and are starting to resemble each other a little more I think.

Erin said...

And to think I packed a book to read in case we needed to play the "quiet game!" Not a chance!
Love you tons Alyssa!

Kallie said...

Thanks for all of those pictures! Your girls are so BEAUTIFUL! seriously! (they take after their mommy!)

Can't believe that some people would think that what you are going through is no big deal...smoke crack much people? You are doing such a great job. I look up to you because I'm barely hanging in there with two under two and I have a husband who comes home at night! Hang in there...you're making it!

We need to talk soon...I just wish I could magically make more time in the day for phone calls...someday soon hopefully!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Precious pictures! Glad the girls are playing together now. Such fun! I think Kinsey is watching you taking care of both of them and everything else at the same time and she is trying to be you. You are a great rolemodel. I can't wait to get there next week! Love, MOM

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

Avery's hair cut is so cute and she's just like Finley with all the smiles...I say that Finley's happy nature is God's gift to me. I know that Avery's smiles are God's gift to you too.
I think Kinsey and Audrey would be great, crazy friends! So many of Kinsey's photos and personality traits remind me of Audrey.
So sorry you get comments about it being no big deal and time is flying while Andy is gone. Some people want to say something helpful and they just end up saying the wrong thing!

Missy said...

Alyssa, I can't even imagine being in your position. Keep in mind, that people like me, have NO idea what your life is like and while we struggle to find the right words of support, they don't always come out right. That being said, I think you are doing a tremendous job with the girls and trying to keep some sort of "normalcy" for them.

I really am loving that girls smile. that is stinking hilarious!
Oh and pajama day is quite frequent here as well. Nothin' wrong with it; makes for less laundry. =)

The Medcalfs said...

Just wanted to add that I am in my pajamas at every possible moment! LOL! Loved the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Riann said...

Time only flies for the people who aren't living through it. You are doing a phenomenal job! Will he be coming home for R&R in the next few months?

Love the pics- the girls are gorgeous! I am sorry that we don't get to see any pics of you and Erin!! Next time!