Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Toys and their 2000 parts

Is there a such thing as Toy Obsessive Compulsive??? Kinsey has toys that have so many parts to them. Well as you can imagine every once in a while our two-year-old sometimes misplaces pieces. Then I go into this crazy search for the pieces. I know this is silly. Most parents probably just have the toys in a room and they don't pay much attention.

When I figure the parts are gone, I then call the company (which is usually Fisher Price, since that's where most of the toys in this house came from) and ask about replacement parts. This call is only in hopes of finding out that I can get them and can stop bothering over them. Don't worry! I don't bother Kinsey with them. She's just playing away and I'm looking under furniture, rugs, laundry, etc. to find the parts. Well, so far Fisher Price has not been able to come through. They say they have replacement parts but not for the toys I'm calling about; I've had no luck. Luckily everytime I've called, sometime later that day I somehow come across the piece I'm missing...and they are usually in some weird place.

I think I need to let go of finding all the pieces. Or maybe this is just an outlet of what I'm spending my energy thinking about rather than more important things. Does anyone have this problem or a similar problem with an obsessive compulsive behavior with something else??? Is there something that really bothers you? I would love to know.

10 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

You have OCD and missing toys are your fuel.

I miss this about you!

We are Team Brummy said...

I love what Rachel said, I have CDO which is like OCD but all the letters are in order like they should be!

amy said...

I have the same problem, not with toy parts, but when I can't find something I go completely crazy. I feel your pain. Actually it's nice to know that someone else does it too!

Kallie said...

I love this about you! I especially love that you take the time to call Fisher Price...I'd never get that far!

But, I can relate. I've realized I might have OCD in the fact that I am neurotic about keeping Jack's face clean while eating...now he freaks out if there's food on his face and I don't wipe it off...could be a problem. Or how I'm always cleaning up messes so now Jack can't stand it if there's a mess that I don't get to right away. nice huh?

Anonymous said...

Do you think the Fisher Price people say "I think it's that OCD lady from WA again on line 1" when you call.......MOM

Huse Yo Mama said...

Aww....look at all your OCD friends!! You're in good company.

Me included. :-)

the fortenberrys said...

You all made me laugh this morning. Thank you!

Kristen said...

I'm OCD about things being in their places. Like our shoes need to be in our closet not out by the door. My dishes go in the dishwasher the same way each time. My desk has to be organized before I can get any work done. And the same thing goes for our house! :)

Oh yea, and if I can't think of an actors name or a music artist I go insane until I figure it out!

The Medcalfs said...

I know now that I am not alone!!
:-)

Rebecca said...

Ha, this blog post and your comments were very entertaining to read. My husband wouldn't say I have OCD but he would say I have ADHD... I have a hard time relaxing especially if the laundry or kitchen aren't done/cleaned. And when I do relax, I often find myself making lists in my head of what I need to do when I am done "relaxing". Sitting on the couch watching tv without folding laundry or picking up toys etc, is a real challenge for me. so yea, I think we all have our "things". I think the internet is the only place I really "relax" without doing anything else... .yay for BLOGS.