Thursday, September 10, 2009

LOTS of pictures from the very last day with Andy

This one is acutally from the previous weekend...last bike ride.


Last diaper change and making Dot laugh.




One more day together surprisingly...lucky us.
















Bye Andy. We will miss you!


I have never in all my life been this heart-broken or sick to my stomach. I'm really not sure why I even bothered putting on make-up today other than I didn't want to say goodbye to Andy not looking my best. What a day! I don't really know what else to say. I know this is a lot of pictures but I just didn't want to make another slide show. It will be awhile until you see Andy with all of us so enjoy. I also wanted to thank everyone for your prayers. I can't imagine what today would have been like without them. It was hard enough with them but I know I'm not alone. I can't do this alone. I know that "God goes before me and will be with me; he will not leave me" (Deut. 31:8). I also know what God can do with a broken heart and when he puts the pieces back together something is created that man cannot take credit for. This is me trying to be positive because, believe me, today I am not strong...I am very weak. Watching Andy tell his babies goodbye and hearing Kinsey say "Daddy" the whole way home didn't help my case. :) There just is something very unnatural about a Daddy having to miss this time in his kids' lives. That is what my tears are for.

9 comments:

Uma and Wil said...

I hate it that you have to go through this. You are stronger than you know. You and the lovely girls are in my thoughts.

Kallie said...

I'm crying for you...you are not alone! Love you!

Leah Adams said...

Tears are welling up in my eyes as I look at these pictures. However, I know that my God and your God is walking with you. Sometimes He walks unseen, like Jesus did with the disciples on the road to Emmaus, but He is no less there, sweet one.

You and Andy have many prayers covering you. Hold tightly to Jesus and those sweet girls. Jesus is the friend that never leaves us and He is walking with you and with Andy.

You are my heroes.

Leah

amy said...

I know what you mean about feeling sick to your stomache - I feel sick for you too!
I am praying for you guys, and I know that you and your girls will be so strong.

amy said...

I know what you mean about feeling sick to your stomache - I feel sick for you too!
I am praying for you guys, and I know that you and your girls will be so strong.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these moments with all of us. I can't imagine the pain you are feeling right now. I know that Andy has all the confident in your ability to take care of these precious girls while he is gone. Just make sure you take care of yourself, too.

Remember, you are his EVERYTHING! Love, MOM

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

I know you guys were grateful to have one more day. I can't imagine what saying "goodbye' TWICE must have done to your emotions, though.

Thank you for being the wife of the soldier, something many people will never understand and forever take forgranted.

You both are heroes in this life.

I wish for the time to pass quickly.

The Medcalfs said...

Like everyone else, I had tears as I read your blog. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I know that was hard to do and you will never know how much we want to give you hugs and let you know it will all be all right. I decided today that it is time to countdown so we can begin the anticipation of his return to you and his girls! Love you all so much.
Aunt Janet

KCR said...

you are an amazing woman alyssa!