Monday, September 7, 2009

Last Few Days Together

Days come and go and somehow we've ended up at the week Andy leaves. As of now he is set to leave on Wednesday, which is better than it was. He was originally scheduled to be boarding a plane today (Labor Day). Here are some pictures from our last couple of weeks together. The last pics of our little family were just silly ones we took while in the playroom this morning. We were just playing around trying to get a good one. You can see how we look first thing in the morning anyway. The funny thing was we weren't even trying to get Rocky in the picture but he came and posed (seriously) every time. It was hilarious, especially the ones where he tilts his head. I guess this is from all the pictures I took of him when he was a baby, I mean puppy. He was our first child; I guess I shouldn't deny it. He has graduated to dog status...sorry Rocky!

The other cool thing is Kinsey is now in her toddler bed and is loving it and doing really well. Her transition went so smoothly...thankfully! I took down the front gate of her crib, she jumped on the mattress for about five seconds until I told her we don't do that, and that first night took two hours to get her to sleep. She brought every toy in her room into her bed for playtime (she didn't think Mommy knew what was happening). Haha. Thankfully someone smart developed those things called monitors. After probably three nights, she has become quite the pro and is doing so good. I check on her after putting Avery to sleep which is just a little later than her, and she's out. One night (the third night after converting her crib) I found her like you will see in the slide show. She fell asleep reading books from her book basket. I had to get Andy to come and see her and take a picture while at the same time trying not to wake her up from laughing. This child definitely keeps us laughing.

Let me know which family picture you like the best. I'm wondering which one to print.

14 comments:

The Earnhardt Family said...

Praying for you this week. Please call if you need anything.

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

I guess you added in the funny ones of Kinsey so that we wouldn't cry the ENTIRE slide show, right? Good thinking! For me, anyway.

I'm not sure how you will do it, but I know you will find that inner strength deep within. I haven't stopped thinking about this day since the words ran across my screen last spring. Breathless.

This song says it best "Good to gone". I have never seen you more happy in your life, or more sad. I hate it. And I NEVER say HATE. But, I do.

The sun will shine again. It has to.

I don't know how to tell you "i'm sorry," "this sucks," "I love you so much," or "wish I was there every minute" without sounding pull of pity. There is no way to understand such a situation.

From Korea all the way to this....the only thing I can say is that this situation will make you stronger than you already are. Together.

Hoping I have not made you cry again this summer.


my heart loves you all.

My fav is the last ones, on the couch in pjs, Kinsey on your shoulders, messy hair, You, not her.

Rebecca said...

Great slide show. You are a strong woman and God only gives us things we can handle, but not handle alone. You have so many people praying for you and I know you will handle this separation as best as any strong in faith mom of two would, even better.
Great photos - I also like the last one.

Kallie said...

I know the last little bit is the hardest, the saddest. Because you know the pain that's coming and you can't stop it.

Oh friend, I know that this pain is real. And I'd do anything to take it from you. I wish I could be there with you...we could take the kids to taco bell, have our nacho supremes and cry together!

Praying that you can actually FEEL God's arms around you...

Love you!

Erin and Jason said...

Can I "ditto" Paige's message--she really nails it on the head.

We are here feeling your pain all the way across the country.

We love you guys.

Mari said...

My heart is aching for you, but I am also excited for you, because if you let him work, God will use this time in such amazing ways - I can attest to that!

You and the girls will be in my prayers this entire deployment. Reading about this makes it come back so fresh in my mind...

I like the second picture, with you holding Rocky. You guys are such a cute family.

Anonymous said...

There are no words to express how proud of you and Andy Dad and I are. Together you have inspired us all. We feel the pain of being so far away from you and the girls right now and knowing that Andy will be so far away from everyone here. We are praying that God will show himself to you and Andy in a way you have never seen him before. We love you so much, Mom and Dad

Huse Yo Mama said...

first of all, I had to turn off the music, I couldn't read anymore through the tears!!

I agree with Kallie - I'm praying that you feel God's arms around you at this time.

Love you guys! great photos, too!

The Medcalfs said...

Thinking of all of you! Will be praying for you daily...
The pictures were wonderful. I vote for #40.
I love you all. Auntie J

Sarah said...

I LOVE the picture of you with your crazy messy hair, Kinsey on your shoulders and Avery on Daddy's! So cute.

So, I know this week is really going to suck, and it probably doesn't provide much comfort, but please know that you can call me if you need ANYthing!

Kristen said...

I will be thinking of you and your family this week!! I'll also be praying for strength for you. I know you will be great with Kinsey and Avery, you are a very strong woman and I really look up to you!!! Love you!!

Anna said...

I totally understand your need to be alone and quiet right now. Our hearts are aching for you, the girls and Andy. I will pray that God gives you the strength you need to do what you need to do. We haven't gotten to talk in a while, but know that I am here...call me anytime.

amy said...

I feel sick just thinking about Andy leaving today. I will be thinking of you guys all year. I agree with everything everyone else wrote.
I love the pictures of Andy and Avery on the couch. My favorite family picture is the last one where Kinsey is on the rocking lamb.

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

Okay, I so wish you were here in the other Washington!
I have been thinking about you so much leading up to today. I've been praying for you and Andy to have some wonderful times together these last few weeks and from the pics, I can tell you have!
I am thinking about you today and every day. Love you!