Monday, June 8, 2009

Still Alive

This hanging plant was a gift from Andy's parents before they left from helping us move in. It is beautiful. I love the colors in the plant and I love to look out of the window or be swinging in the garden swing and see it. I usually kill plants, but it is still alive.



Yesterday Kinsey said her first two word statement together: "Uh-oh Baby!" Avery was crying and I was changing her diaper and Kinsey said these words. How exciting!

Because everyone needs a pair of cow rainboots and a baby to walk with around the backyard...I love her in these boots!



As of yesterday, Avery has noticed the mirror above her in the swing. I caught her looking up and smiling at what she saw...herself. I guess she could be laughing at her hair...everyone else does no matter where we go. Then they say, "so much hair." I really think they are laughing at it standing straight up in the air.

7 comments:

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

the pictures are so beautiful! I love the plant, your little cowgirl lady (and baby, of course!), and how fun that little sister has found her special style! I bet she thinks, "I'm crazy cool with this no-gel-necessary hair!"

Leah Adams said...

Alyssa,

I'm sure people have told you this before, but you could be a twin sister to Beth Moore's daughter, Melissa. Good grief you look just like her---beautiful!

Leah

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

I usually let plants die too...I have a black thumb.
I love Kinsey's rainboots...so stinkin' cute!
I think it's great that your girls both had so much dark hair when they were born. I love that Audrey had so much hair too...that way when it starts to thin out a few months after they are born-they don't lose it all!

amy said...

Your pictures are so good!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on not killing this beautiful hanging plant. I want some of those rain boots! Too cute. Avery's hair is pretty cute - as I remember it Kinsey had some pretty wild hair when she was little. Love and miss you all, MOM

The Medcalfs said...

I would like the name of that plant if you have it! It is so pretty!
Aunt Janet
P.S. Love the boots!!

Kristen said...

That's so cute! I'm so sad that I'm going to miss out on so much of their lives. It's nice being able to keep up with everyone on their blogs though!