Thursday, January 15, 2009
The Previa is Gone
At our 20 week ultrasound, we were told that I had marginal previa. Because of this, we were given another ultrasound (no complaining there!). We had high hopes this wasn't placenta previa because if it were I'd have to have a c-section. If you aren't familiar with previa, look at this picture. The normal placenta is what you want (we aren't completely there but it's out of the way enough to deliver and it should continue to move in the upward direction). The picture for marginal previa is what I had. Complete previa is what you don't want. As you can see, the placenta covers the cervix making no way out for the baby. This was an answer to prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
YAY!!!!!!!!!
by the way, I just looked at your ticker and I can't BELIEVE you are already 27 weeks along! When did that happen!?
YAY!!!!!
I'm so happy for you! Praise God!
I'll call you soon!
Great news. I will keep praying for you and your family.
Leah
Great news! I am sure it is a relief!
I am so glad to hear it!! Now you can enjoy the pregnancy and not worry as much! And did you get some good pictures of Lil' Miss?
Alyssa,
I just know you are truly relieved.
Will keep you an baby, in prayer.
Luv ya,
Aunt Helen
Post a Comment