Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Can I Make a Phone Call?

If you get a weird phone call from our house, it may be because Kinsey tried to call you. She's picked up an interest in the phone...I guess it's the noises and lights it makes when you touch the buttons. No wonder she doesn't know it's not her toy.











Kinsey has pretty much completely been weaned from nursing. We had a good run of ten months...YAY!! She is a very independent baby and she decided it was time to be done. I guess personally I would rather this than a baby who I can't get away from nursing when I felt ready to be done. I know some mothers aren't ready for quite a while, but this was good timing for the both of us. I'm really glad that I got a chance to give her my milk, since I felt it was the best thing for her. She's taken well to the bottle and after trying a few formulas, she's taking Similac well. What freedom comes with a bottle and when I still want that close feeling, I can hold her close as she drinks her milk!

Do we have a future WNBA on our hands? Doubt it...but she does love to play ball. I think it's cute how she is gripping the ball.




6 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

Just like her mommy. On the phone.

What?

by the way, the two professional photos of Kinsey are way off to the side, you might want to just put them beneath the other ones. Then we can see more than just her arm. :-) Although, that is one beautiful arm!

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

Too funny! I wish she would call me! I would love to chat with her and her new kitchen. Such a sweetie pie!

Her new pictures are adorable! I love the blue dress, and her happy smiling face! Gotta just love those cheeky cheeks! Kisses Kinsey Anne!

Anonymous said...

Alyssa,

G r e a t job gurl, on the nursing!

I will be looking for my call,

Kinsey.

Oh, & do send me photos of her

lifting the white whicker basket,

and all wrapped up, in the pink

netting. They are b e a u t i f u l

We love you my darlings,

Aunt Helen and Uncle Rick

Anonymous said...

Of course you know I will leave a comment for that beautiful little niece of mine!! She is so precious! It is such fun to check your blog to see new pictures! Keep up the good posting! Love ya Aunt Janet

Kallie said...

My favorite pic is the last one of you and her! She's so beautiful just like her momma and I love the way she's resting her hand on you...precious!

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

Congrats on nursing for 10 months! Glad to hear it was mutual when it was time to wean.
She is so adorable!