Last year at the school I worked at, we all posted a few things we had learned that year on our Language Arts network clipboard for each other to view. It was a lot of fun, so I'm continuing this year for all of you to see. This has been quite a year...lots of changes in Andy's, mine, and Rocky's lives. It has definitely been a wonderful (school) year. Here are the things I've learned (at least just a few):
•having a baby really does change everything.
•I can do most things with one hand--it just takes longer.
•having a ten pound baby at birth doesn't mean anything as far as future weight.
•washing your hair everyday is overrated.
•when using an umbrella stroller, you get in far less people's way than a deluxe stroller (even though I love the bigger stroller).
•getting sick can challenge breastfeeding.
•being content and finding joy in each and every stage of life is what makes you appreciate life.
•watching Kinsey learn something new is priceless.
•when Andy and Kinsey look into each other's eyes and smile, time stands still.
•everything I touch, my daughter wants to also and put it in her mouth.
•being flexible and laid back is good.
•being a stay at home mom is the best job in the world; I'm blessed to be able to do it. (Thanks Andy!)
Anyone else learned anything this year? Please feel free to share!!! I'd love to know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Great list, girl.
Hmmm....what have I learned? That it really is okay to be a nap Nazi. :-)
THanks for sharing! I think I might have to copy you and post a list on my blog...go ahead...call me a copycat! :)
Feel free to copy. I'd love to read your list. :>
This is precious! Dad and I have learned that it IS possible to love someone more than you love your children...... MOM (Nona)
I love to read your blog. Will you be putting any pictures up of the trip to Haughton last week? Oh and hope you had a HAPPY Mother's Day!!
janet
Hey Aunt Janet. I will be putting them up soon. Hopefully by tomorrow. I'm so glad to hear you look at the blog.
I try to look at it to see if anything is new. The video of Kinsey crawling is just too cute! I know G-Dot checks it out too!
I will check back tomorrow.
Post a Comment