Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Some Days

I think it's so easy to look at another mom/woman and think, "Man, she's got it altogether!" But we really don't know what goes on in their world. Everyone has their days...good and bad. I am not going to lie...there have been people I have "unfriended" on Facebook because I thought I just can't look at one more craft project or field trip they did with their kids. I can't stand social media when it makes someone else feel inadequate. There's enough out there making us feel inadequate as it is...I mean the magazine that says I don't look like Jennifer Anniston or the cookbook that says I'm not Rachael Ray or the reality show that says I can't handle 18 children! I'm really okay with who I am...I'm proud of experiences I've gone through that have made me who I am. But I don't like things that make me feel less than...

Today when I woke up I felt horribly sick. I thought if I can just make it until Evangeline's 9:30 nap, then I can rest while she sleeps and the girls can play. Well I did make it until her nap, but the older two did NOT follow directions. This is what I woke up to...I actually woke up to whispers under the kitchen table and I knew that didn't sound promising!


They are sometimes just double trouble! Really by the end of the day somedays I think is this day over yet. BUT when it's time to do the bedtime routine everything seems to all come together and they are so sweet putting them in their beds. I went into Avery's room tonight to turn off her closet light and this is the little angel I found sleeping sweetly.


One of my favorite things of doing photography is capturing that unique thing about my kids that I see in them. I can be so aggravated with one of them and then see a certain picture of them that is my favorite because it's truly capturing their little self and it reminds me of their innocence, their sweetness, and overall who they are. They are kids! Seeing a picture of them that I love sometimes makes all the difference...it reminds me that the unappealing behavior is temporary but that I'll love them forever!

Thank you, Lord, for new mercies each and every morning!

2 comments:

Leah Adams said...

HOpe you are feeling better!!

amy said...

I really think you have a lot to be proud of! I see the picture of the girls mess and thought "they know how to have a good time just playing under the table and enjoying each other." That is the best gift life has to offer :). You are a great mom.