Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Random ponderings by Alyssa....

Another child has been added to our family and with that has brought so much joy. It seems like when we had Kinsey, I read several books and tried to do everything perfectly right. I not only wanted to do everything right by my baby girl, but I didn't want anyone to judge what I did. Well that went about as far as I could hope....yeah! I'm from the South. Of course people are going to judge. We are brought up judging. :) It's like a family heirloom!

Then we had Avery and I was so busy having two babies and a deployed husband right after a cross-country move, I couldn't see straight. I was trying to survive. We did.

Now after having Evangeline, I finally feel like I'm not trying to do anything to please anyone else. I just love having these three little girls and being our own family. I love knowing this is my family and that's really all I need. It's like something finally clicked for me after having her. I'm content.

Do you ever feel like you are right where you are supposed to be? Like nothing else could be more perfect? That you are right in the purpose for your life? I love this place I'm in! I love that at the end of the day, when all the little ones are asleep in their beds, I get to think about the moments of that day. The things they said, the things they did at preschool, picturing them dancing around the living room and singing so happily, oh the list could go on. Just sweet memories only for our little family.

We get lots of comments about having all girls and people usually say something about them with a negative connotation, but I have to say, it's really sweet watching them altogether and I wouldn't have chosen this any differently! {Yes, I know I may change my mind in about 9 years!}

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comments remind me of that song "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart". Love you, Mom

Leah Adams said...

Why in the world would anyone say anything negative about having three little girls? Obviously that was exactly God's plan for you. They are adorable!!

amy said...

I think your girls are beautiful!! Good for you to not worry about other people.
I hated walking around with three boys and someone always felt the need to comment. "Oh three boys huh." It made me mad everytime. Why does that have to be bad?
I still get the "you have your hands full" comments. Say something nice or nothing at all!!

andrea said...

The next time people say something rude or mean about you having so many girls, say something back like, "I know, right? My tampon bill is going to be huge." You'll either get them to laugh or it will embarrass them and they'll leave you alone. The Bacles think you are one fabulous momma, by the way!

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

I love your blog, love this post and love you, sweet cousin!