Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mississippi / Lost & Found

We spent Labor Day weekend in Mississippi visiting Andy's side of the family. It was a ton of fun even though tropical storm Lee was passing through. I don't think the kids minded it one bit since they all were able to play together. They really had a blast! Between the kids, all the dogs, and all the adults, it was a great weekend!

We only had one major bump in the road. We got there on Thursday night late (really Friday early morning) and Rocky played outside for several days getting reacquainted with the yard. He was having a great time running around everywhere. Sunday morning we realized he was gone. Somehow he escaped the house and took off on an excursion that lasted a good 13-14 hours. Needless to say, Sunday was plenty full of worry, searching the surrounding woods and other areas for hours and hours, making signs and putting them up around the area, and some more worry. The kids never even knew he was missing they were so busy playing, so that's probably a really good thing. Around 10:30 that evening, Neal heard a scratch at the back door...it was him. He looked like a drowned rat when he returned and was so tired. He has been recovering the past few days from his day away and he is on the mend but I probably won't let him out of my sight for a while. This is not just a dog, people! He is much more than that! He's the sweetest little guy and when Andy was deployed, he never left my side. Let's just say Andy and I both are extremely glad he's back!

Andy's birthday was on Monday so we claimed Rocky's return as an early birthday present for him! :) It was a great weekend and we're really glad we got to go!


You can tell how tired Rocky is here (Monday morning) because he's usually really into pictures! He's a poser.


Papa, Neal, and Andy


Papa, Neal, Andy, and Meemaw


Lucretia and me


Lucretia, Meemaw, and me


Avery, NJ, and Kinsey


Our two families...we haven't seen each other since last Christmas so this was really fun!


the grandparents and all their grandchildren (minus the one in my belly)


brothers...Andy & Neal







I have to include car seat pictures (not sure why I always do this!)




Thanks to everyone who helped us look for Rocky....we can't thank you all enough!!!

2 comments:

The Medcalfs said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures and the story of Rocky...so glad he came back to y'all!! I know what you mean about "not just a dog" :) They are very special members of the family!! :)

Kristen said...

I'm so glad Rocky is back with you guys safe and sound! I love the pictures with you because I get to see that beautiful belly of yours!