Monday, August 8, 2011

First Texas Visitors

Nona and Granddaddy got to visit us for a few days this weekend and we had a great time. We haven't seen them since February so it was lots of fun and the girls were super excited!

I must have gotten my love of pizza from my parents...we always have to eat Pizza Hut when they are here (or for those of you from LA, we have to have Johnny's).



I have been scouting out all of the parks and have actually been able to find a few around our house that have some shade. We've been going to a park almost every morning, which is nice since it's free fun.







My mom has made toddler sheets for all the grandkids. She takes a normal sheet set and makes them a fitted sheet and a flat sheet that has a fitted bottom so that the flat sheet actually stays put. Avery got hers this trip and she really loves them.


This is a fun visit to a Mexican restaurant my parents like to eat at when they are here.


Here is Kinsey's room we just made into her big girl room. She got her new mattress a few weeks ago but we waited to do the bedding and everything for when my parents came. Her birthday isn't until October but my mom wanted to go ahead and get her the quilt and some accessories for her birthday since she had the bed ready. It did look somewhat funny without a bedskirt and all that. She was really cute watching her come in and see the room all ready.


I made this wreath to look like a tutu....at least that was the goal. :)






We had so much fun while they were here. Thanks for coming Nona and Granddaddy!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time, too. The girls have really grown up since our last visit. We love the new house - its just perfect! Nona and Grandaddy

the baileys said...

How fun! And Kinsey's room is adorable! You are so creative...I miss being near crafty crafters :)

the baileys said...

I want to see belly pics lady!!!!

Kristen said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. I miss going to pizza hut with you! I also love Kinsey's new room.

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

It's so nice to have parents visit!! My mom and stepdad are driving up here (all 18 hours of it) next week!!!!!! I am ecstatic!!!!!!! I haven't seen my mom and stepdad since last November when I went down there. My stepdad hasn't been up here since Dec. 2004 and my mom last came up here Oct. 2009 so it's super exciting!!
Anyway, the pics of Kinsey's room are cute and great job on the wreath. I would love for your mom to make toddler sheets for my kiddos!! She does a fantastic job!

The Medcalfs said...

Cute Cute pictures! Looks like a great visit with your parents! :)