Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday Thoughts

In our MOPS group this year, one of our Mentor Moms gave her testimony and something she said really stuck with me. She talked about "the things she knew to be true" and how nothing else mattered if it wasn't true. An example she gave was if her high school daughter came home and someone at school had said something about her, she would ask her, "is it true?" When her daughter said no, the mom would say then it doesn't matter. How easy looking at life would be if we could use this concept. I know...easier said than done! I started thinking about a list of "truths" for me and things I hold as true, where nothing else matters. Here is a list I created...granted these aren't all of them but I didn't want to bore you.

1. My God will never leave me or forsake me.
2. I am loved!
3. Being a military wife is one of the best things that ever happened to me.
4. Having a baby is a true miracle.
5. God's timing is PERFECT and I have seen proof of this in my life.
6. Love & sacrifice (in my opinion) is what makes a great parent...not if you breastfeed or formula feed, not if you have a designer nursery, not if you stay home or go back to work, not even if you can't afford the very best of everything for your babies. I think so much pressure is put on new parents and for me, it comes down to love and sacrifice....putting someone else above yourself.
7.No matter how busy you are, there's always time to serve others. What's important in our lives, we ALWAYS make time for!
8.Everyone's experiences make them who they are...that's what is so cool-that we are each unique individuals. Sometimes our differences make it hard for us to get along but here are a few things I have learned: guard your heart, bathe temperamental relationships in prayer, expect humanness from humans, and time really can heal and restore.
9. A wife who puts down her husband loses the respect of those around her just as a husband who puts down his wife. What is more precious than to call someone husband or wife?!
10.What is popular is not always right and what is right is not always popular!
11. Home is where my shoes are!


Some of these may venture on my opinions but they work in my life from my experiences! Any of your own you'd like to share????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this, love you.....MOM

Leah Adams said...

You are a very wise young woman! Blessings to you, Alyssa.

cole and ella's mom said...

Alyssa,

You are the best. I wish you were moving here. (Jason agrees!)

The Tiny Team said...

Awww, this is awesome! Thanks for sharing! I am thinking about joining mops this fall, actually I might sign up now because I think there is a waiting list at my church! EEK!

Thanks again,
Amy

Riann said...

These are excellent, Alyssa! When I started reading them, I thought that I was going to comment 'Yeah, I definitely agree with #1', then it was #3. Then no, I really agree with #4. And so on... Basically, I ended up totally agreeing with the whole darn thing! Excellent post!