Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What's Next?



Now that we have our official orders, we're sharing our next assignment. We will be moving to San Antonio in June/July timeframe this summer. I'm going in April to househunt, and so it's all getting very real all of a sudden. Most of you know we lived there before moving here, so in some respects it will be weird to get to go back to a place where we've already lived and do not have to learn the new place. That is going to be so nice! Most of our friends no longer live there so it will be very different this go round! Kinsey will be in preschool and now the girls will get to take advantage of all the kid activities San Antonio and the surrounding areas have to offer. That is very exciting! It feels weird that we're already moving...we really like it here (aside from the rain). I love my friends and our church and those things will be hard to leave.

San Antonio holds so many great memories for us and it's really what I would consider a home for us as a family since we left our "home" of Louisiana in 2003. We spent our honeymoon there in 2003, bought our first home there in 2006, had our little girls there in 2007 and 2009, and Andy got his doctorate there 2009. Several major life occurances happened while we lived there...so it's pretty special.

Every night as Kinsey goes to bed, we read her a book and say a little prayer. I asked her what she wanted to pray for and she said, "my friends." We prayed for her friends here and her new friends she will make there and her prayer was just so sweet. I don't know how she will be about saying goodbye when we leave but she has made some great friends here! I really think as they get older this will just get harder. So if you are a praying reader, please keep us in your prayers. I'm really hoping to find a great church this time that has potential family friends for us. That was the only piece of the puzzle that we couldn't fit last time.

5 comments:

Leah Adams said...

I pray the Lord goes before you and prepares the way. The only church I have visited in SA is Max Lucado's church. It has several locations all over SA. Might be something to check into.

Rebecca said...

I think finding a new church family is one of the most important and sometimes the most difficult to a) leave and b) find at the new installation. Prayers are being sent your way. Congrats on your new move though, sure you guys will love it .... again.
We have found it extremely difficult finding a church here in Italy but thankfully there is an amazing women's bible study I just discovered with free childcare. Thankful for the little things, right?

Anonymous said...

I am already praying for your new home, new church and "special" friends for each of you. Love, MOM

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

I know your family is thrilled that you will be closer to home!
Sending you best wishes and prayers on house hunting and moving!

amy said...

I think going back to San Antonio with kids would be so fun!! I also am worried about what moving will do to my kids as they get older. I will pray that your girls have a smooth transition!!!