Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Kinsey Dances

Kinsey started her dance class today and she was probably the most excited three year old I have EVER seen! I mean honestly, second to her Daddy's homecoming, this was probably one of the best days of her life. She has been talking about her "dance class" for months and today was finally the day it would happen.

So to have memories of the first one, I was trying to get some pictures but I didn't come away with very many. This one is her following the teacher's direction. It's good that parents only get to be in the room for the first and last class; normally we have to stand outside and look in from a window that oversees the room. I say this because Kinsey would run over to whisper something to me while the teacher was trying to get all nine ballerinas to follow her direction.

The first time she ran over because I was motioning for her to pay attention and she thought I meant "Come here". The second time was because she just had to tell me something...she says this in a whisper into my ear, "Mom, I'm dancing." I think this was one of the most special things I've ever seen her do. Maybe that's because I was a dancer or maybe just because she was so excited and was having so much fun. Who knows!



This picture was while they were dancing in a circle with the teacher. She sees I'm taking her picture and from across the room, she says, "Cheese!" That's when I put the camera away. :)



I'm not sure which one of us had more fun tonight! Our little ballerina was precious to watch!!!!

5 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Oh Alyssa, that brings back so many memories. I took dance for years as a child. I loved it. Can't wait to see more pics of tutus and leotards and all the fun things.

Leah

Nona said...

She will be a natural ballerina. This will be a very special thing for you girls to share. Love, NONA

amy said...

too cute for words!

Rebecca said...

So cute. What a special moment when she whispered to you. She is already standing on her toes in the last photo, I see she is a natural!

Kristen said...

So Adorable!!