Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Will Always Be My Baby

I think I understand why moms of 20, 30, and even 40 year olds still call them their babies. Have you ever heard a mom say, "He's my baby" and you're thinking, "the man is 50"?

When Avery was born, Kinsey was only 18 months old which is almost how old Avery is now. Kinsey's personality is what you would think of a firstborn, and so when Avery was born she definitely fell right into that role making her not seem like my baby anymore; she became a little lady almost immediately. Now that Avery is at that age, I still see her as my baby. I think I will until another one comes along and takes that place. We are really enjoying our family of four for the time being. :)

This one is really growing up...10 days from being THREE!


And this one loves for me to still hold her at times and I do love that. She is my cuddle bug!



The other night I rocked Avery to sleep just because and oh how I love those nights. I went into her room and she was still awake after I put Kinsey to bed. I love looking into her crib and seeing her smiling face. I picked her up, she held onto me, and I sang her to sleep as we rocked. I hate to think time gets away from me, and when you are watching your children grow up it is so evident how fast the time goes!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Christian and I still call Logan "Baby Logan" even though he is 16 months! I totally agree with you. I also love the rocking to sleep even if it is a rare occurence in my house anymore. But my current favorite moment is when Logan wakes up from his nap and I peel open the door just a crack, he looks over at me and gets this HUGE grin. Ahh, the wonders of motherhood.

The curls on Kinsey, they are really to die for.

The Medcalfs said...

What a good post...and I know what you mean cause my babies are 26 and 24...lol...they may not want to hear that though...loved the pictures...can't wait for Kinsey & Avery to meet their Aunt Janet!! Love you all!!

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

I know what you mean! I've been talking about this to Evan recently. I've been telling him how much more Finn seems like a baby to me than Audrey did. I think it's because I have someone in the house to compare him to!