
Sometimes I forget how great our kids are! Kinsey has been potty training for the last three days and I must say, she is doing so great. I'm glad we waited until now because she is really ready. She initiated it so I guess there isn't a stronger sign than that! She makes me laugh and sometimes I'm too focused on other unimportant things to really "see" her and her personality. Every night when I lay Kinsey down for the night, she becomes this little comic. She giggles and giggles and plays little games. She always tells me, "sleep, Mommy" because she wants me to lay my head on her pillow and go to sleep with her. Usually I do for a few minutes and talk to her but tonight I pretended to go to sleep. After about a minute I surprised her by "waking up." She couldn't stop laughing!
I stopped in Avery's room whom I put to sleep about 30 minutes before this. She was surprisingly partially awake. I just wanted to rock her so I scooped her up and did just that. She fell asleep in my arms and I got to watch her sleep. It's been a while since I've done that and I'm glad I got to hold her without her squirming and ready to get down and play. In that moment, I thought about her...this tiny little lady with teeny little feet and a bulging belly most of the day. She has the cutest laugh. She is really starting to show her hilarious personality. She can be so laid back and calm one minute and then squealing the next minute. One of my favorite things about her is she'll eat anything!
We just had Mother's Day and I thought about all the moms I know who I look at in awe because they are wonderful at being mothers! They balance things so perfectly and still have a smile on their face. Being a mom is such a complex job and there is always something in this household, as I'm sure is the same for others, that takes my eye off of our girls. There's always laundry to do, a meal to prepare, a screaming baby from teething, a diaper to change, now Kinsey telling me she needs to potty, Rocky scratching at the door or following me around because he wants to be fed, the mail needs to be picked up, errands run, bills to be paid, yadada...you name it, it has to be done. BUT I love that there's always something that draws me back to them!
There are moments I would like an escape and I'm not going to lie...driving in the car alone is the equivalent to lying on a sunny beach, but I wouldn't trade motherhood for ANYTHING in this world!

5 comments:
What a good post...love ya!
One thing for sure, Motherhood is one of God's most precious gifts to women and one of the most rewarding jobs on earth! Love you, MOM
You know, Alyssa, I really needed this post today. You are so very right. Thanks for helping me remember.
After being awake much of the night with a teething diaper rash baby, I also needed to read this post. They will only be this young for such a short time so I need to appreciate everything, no matter how sleep deprived or behind on my "daily chores" I feel. Thanks girl!
Well put, Alyssa!
Post a Comment