Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

So Memorial Day at our house got started off with a BANG! I mean that literally! At 2:58 this morning, there were what sounded like two gun shots at our front door. I came bounding out of our room, which is not far from the front door, and all I saw was a ton of smoke...smoke so thick I couldn't see through it! When it cleared, I saw two clear bottles and some remains to homemade smoke bombs. Thank you to whomever thought we needed a little more excitement in our lives!

I found this super cute tee for Kinsey that says "I love my Dad" and had a patriotic bubble my sister gave us a while back. I wanted them to take a picture together for Memorial Day for Andy. Well you know how these great plans somehow work out...or don't! Ha! Here's how the shoot went...

The first shot...the best of them together by far!


Avery being Avery...


Kinsey telling Avery that we're going to take a picture.


Avery was ready but Kinsey was still telling Avery we're going to take a picture.


Curly Q


This is how I felt about this photo shoot and my plans not being fulfilled!


So we added toys...


Still no luck...


After a long day, we worked outside in the yard along with several other neighbors, so it was fun to be among people. Finally, the rain stopped and it was a great day for that to happen! It has become so gloomy around here.

The bright side...tomorrow is June! I can't even express how happy that makes me. The only thing better is if I was saying tomorrow is September! Oh well...I know it will come, it just isn't getting here fast enough.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

I love your captioning with the pictures! Felt like I was there watching it all happen for myself! I can't wait to come see you all! 41 days, YAY!!

Leah Adams said...

Those girls are sooo cute and Avery looks just like Andy. Just like him.

Leah

Kallie said...

Oh darling children that don't like to pose happily for pictures...I have no idea what that's like ;)

They're still super cute! I LOVE the one of 'Avery being Avery'! I love how they have their own little personalities!

I CANNOT believe that someone threw smoke bombs at your house??? What? Seriously? That's horrible and makes me mad for you! Some people are so ridiculous...

Huse Yo Mama said...

Holy moly those kids are cute and funny!!!

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

It really is scary how two humans can look JUST alike. She is hilarious with her "stinky" face. (It is my real favorite)

The Medcalfs said...

The second picture of Avery makes me smile every time I come back to look at it!! Too cute and I love how Kinsey is trying to explain it all to Avery!! They are precious!! Love ya!!

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

These pictures are too cute and it's nice to know that there are other 2 year old ladies out there who don't like their picture being taken either! Audrey doesn't cooperate much when I take photos these days.