Thursday, February 18, 2010

Papa and Meemaw's visit to WA

Meemaw and Papa, Andy's parents, came to visit us and we had a blast!  The girls were so excited to see them and they were so excited to see how the girls had changed since they saw them last.  They have both changed quite a bit since May when we said goodbye to them after they helped us move.  We checked out McChord AFB (since Papa is retired Air Force) and walked the Orting Trail where we had a picnic alongside the water.  What beautiful weather we had while they were here which worked well for the things we wanted to do!  They gave us a wagon for Christmas a couple of years ago and so we got to walk the neighborhood with the wagon and Rocky actually got to go for a walk; I usually have my hands full and he has to stay at home when we walk.  He was so excited!  I probably don't even have to mention all the help they were diapering (Meemaw), playing, feeding, dressing, wiping sick baby noses, etc.  We are so glad they came and that the southern snow finally cooperated so everything worked out.  It was a great visit!  We will see them in the fall because Andy and I will be getting away together when he returns and we will be entrusting the girls to them (Meemaw and Papa if he can get away from work).  I am so excited about this trip and every time I start to get mopey about Andy being gone, I think about our trip.  I love having two sets of parents that we can trust to love our babies as we would.  Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

The Medcalfs said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures! They were all so good!! It looks like a wonderful visit for everyone!!

Huse Yo Mama said...

Can you seriously stop with all the cuteness!!!?? Those are great! I just can't get over how much the girls look alike, however there is something different, but I can't put my finger on it.??

Glad y'all had such a great time!