I can get a little fired up sometimes if the right situation comes about...anyone remember the old sitcom Designing Women when Julia would get fired up and "give it to the man?" Well here's my Julia moment for today and I'm hoping when I'm done writing that my blood pressure comes back down.
A man called me at dinner time because that's when all great salespeople decide to call your home. He asks if it is me and tells me he's calling on behalf of the Foundation of American Veterans. Well about two months ago someone called from a different organization but same concept...it was for veterans...and I donated; however, I don't donate to every person who calls here for money. So I said, "I'm not interested." He said to me, "I bet you're not!" And then classic...he hung up.
First of all, where does this man get off calling my house and then being rude. I wasn't rude to him. And other than that he has no idea who he is talking to...he had know idea that Andy is deployed. I think this is a disgrace to this foundation and a very uncalled for response from him.
So my recourse...I called back and left a message. That's all I was able to do to get through. I was shaking when I hung up so I had to try something. I still am left not happy with the fact that I didn't get to talk to someone but whatever...Andy is serving a year for good Americans too and that's what I will tell myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think the best thing you could do is post the phone number so we can all give him a CALL! I'm not kidding...... MOM
I love your blog. Days are rough for all of us sometimes. We all know that. You help me through mine many times....through your blog or through advice. I think the one outstanding thing in my mind, that I have learned in the last year, and I think you agree, is that until we are in the exact place as any other person, experiencing that moment (which is not ever possible) one can't begin to know the feelings that come in a crappy situation. I have my days where I see the other side of someone advice but days when I know they don't understand it at all. I do know that we just need to be supported and allowed to figure out how we will manage. I don't always want someone to tell me that they get it, or that their kids are close like mine. Funny, but I still have yet to meet anyone with this closeness in age. And most don't have a little H bug either. He needs an imaginary friend to entertain just him! But, all in all thanks for letting us a be a part of your days, good or pooey. I'm kind of a fan of the rare moments when you rant. You're a bit witty Lyssa Dawn.
Love you, and I always will
You are strong. Stronger than anyone even knows. You and Andy both deserve to be treated like the heroes you are and I'm sorry that guy didn't give you that. He probably has no clue, himself, what it is to serve and sacrifice! I agree with your Mom, pass the number so we can all help educate this company about respecting people they don't know, people who they are suppose to be helping!
Post a Comment