I have come to love Jimmy Fallon's late night show, since I'm usually getting in the bed when it is on here. One of my favorite segments he does, is on Fridays and it's called, "Thank You Notes." He writes sarcastic thank you notes to people. Lately whenever something happens that is aggravating I make a mental note of a thank you I would like to write. Warning: These are sarcastic! Here goes my list:
thank you bottle/sippy cup company for putting one cute bottle/cup and one ugly bottle/cup in each package.
thank you people who drive up next to me in a parking lot when i'm unloading my kids when there's an entire parking lot of spaces and you can see what i'm doing. i parked all the way out here for a reason but feel free to park by me.
thank you people who act annoyed at me because i'm in their way with my double stroller. my husband is deployed and my kids go everywhere with me so you'll just have to wait two seconds.
thank you toy companies for wrapping and tying and wrapping and tying the toys into prison in those boxes. don't you know i have a two year standing on pins and needles waiting for me to free the thing.
thank you people who leave shopping carts in the lot because you were just too lazy to walk it to the cart return. i have two children and i managed to get mine there. what's your excuse?
thank you people who wait for a parking spot at the front of the store and hold up five cars (at least) just so they don't have to walk more than ten steps. (NOT talking about handicapped people).
thank you hand sanitizer/soap for drying out my hands to cracking and bleeding due to the need to wash them approximately fifty times a day.
thank you swine flu for the need for my children to get yet another shot.
thank you double stroller for making people give me the look, "how many kids does she have?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
i'm with you on the shopping cart thing. people are sooooo stinkin' lazy.
Leah
Love the list! I could add many more to it...will be thinking...lol!!
That was funny! And oooooohhhh so true! I'm so with you.
Glad to see Christmas was merry and the girls looked so cute in their pajamas. Have a great New Years- thinking about you!
Oops- and that above comment was from me. It posted mine twice, so I removed the extra one. So not some blurker who just deleted their comment. I always wonder when I see them on mine! Of course, you may have figured that out just by looking at the time. Oh well, it's early- what can I say?
love it!
Oh my gosh, with u on ALL of those. And I Mean All.
:)
Oh my word, Alyssa! Totally cracked me up. I think I'll start making mental thank you notes. :)
Man, you are up late enough for Jimmy Fallon? I admire your energy and for making me feel extra old for never making it pass 10. You are funny, Alyssa. That's why I keep you around.
Oh my gosh...I'm in stitches...you are too funny! And those are so true! I LOVE the one about people parking next to you while you're unloading kids. That really irks me! :)
I'm going to call to catch up with you soon. My in-laws are here now, I'll call after they leave.
LOL-These are funny! I agree totally on the sippy cup and the ties on the toys!!
Okay, so I am usually really good about returning my cart to the cart barn...I even try to park next to one so I can easily get one out and return it when I am done. BUT, a couple of times lately, I haven't been able to do that due to snow piled up in the parking lot blocking me from getting the cart back up to the store. Or I had to park so far away from the store that I can't walk the cart back to the store or cart return and leave my kids in the car by themselves screaming. Know what I mean??
Too funny! MOM
Loved the list! It made me laugh. I agree 100% with your "thank you's".
What a great thank you list!
I am completely with you on those toys that are tied and taped and tied some more into those boxes. Ridiculous.
I love this! You made me laugh...mostly because I agree!
Post a Comment