We had a pretty memorable Christmas! I decided not to travel to LA and MS this year for Christmas with both girls and flying...just thought I'd not add any stress to my life during this time of year when the airports are the busiest. Staying home was a little sad because we did really miss the family. We had a full day planned though with our great friends here. Our neighbors, Ross, Jenn, Karli, and Sidney have become our extended family. We see them probably everyday and on the days we don't see them, we at least talk to them. They invited us to open gifts at their home on Christmas morning and that was so much fun. Let me not forgot to mention the showering of gifts from them!!! They went above and beyond to make our holiday the best it could be. It was a ton of fun and gave us something to look forward to as Christmas approached and got our Christmas off to a really good start. We headed home for naps afterwards and then onto our next stop, The Millards (Ed and Christy's) for Christmas dinner. They are our friends from our Sunday School class at church. That was a lot of fun and great food cooked by Christy. We enjoyed their family's company and played a game. After leaving their house, we stopped at one more stop in our neighborhood for dessert at Vick and Libby's. Getting home around 8:30 was a long day for the girls but a wonderful day for all! Next year will be so special because we will all be together celebrating for the first time. Andy had to miss Avery's first Christmas but we Skyped and opened presents together. Here are some pictures from Christmas morning.
Kinsey's new dollhouse

the three of us...we're missing one

Kinsey wanted everything opened right after she opened the gift.

Avery holding her own with those big packages.

Avery wanted to eat the paper from everything she or Kinsey opened.

Kinsey waiting so patiently.

She loved her camera from Aunt Paige.

Jenn and Kinsey

Karli and Avery

Sidney and Kinsey

Kinsey waiting for her shoes


Jenn, Lily, and Lola (you can barely see her)
5 comments:
I am so glad you had a good Christmas. I thought about ya'll and I know it was hard not having Andy there.
Looks like the girls had a great time and your friends and neighbors kept ya'll busy. Good!!
Take care and Happy New Year.
Leah
Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with your friends! I am so glad to hear that it was a good one. We love you all! Auntie J
It's good to hear you have great friends to celebrate the holidays with. It looks like the girls had a blast!
This is terrific! I bet Andy is so glad that his girls are being treated so wonderfully while he's away!
Merry Christmas!
I'm glad your Christmas went so well... and I'm glad you had such good people to spend it with! You're special, and you deserve it!
Post a Comment