Saturday, November 14, 2009

Spinning along

I feel like this world is going on all around me and I'm trying to keep up. Everything just seems to be spinning and I can't make it stop. Ughh! So much to do...so much to take in...so much. I surely can't get a handle on what's going on in my house. I have laundry that is sitting and has been sitting for weeks. I get a load done here and there but we are still wearing clothes so the piles aren't moving anywhere fast. I want time to keep going, for obvious reasons, but also if I could just live in the moment for just a second then maybe I could get my bearings. Avery started eating baby food about three weeks ago on her six month birthday. She has been having trouble digesting the food and going to the bathroom so I've been talking with her doctor's office. This is horrible, but I seriously am thinking, "What else!" Poor baby. Kinsey has these same issues and now another little one with the same thing. It seems like every week new things just add on top of whatever was an issue the week before. Why is so much stacked against me? Doesn't this world know what's going on in my house?!

All of this and I still have this still, small ever-present feeling of peace and in some crazy way even contentment. My friend, Sarah, put this song on her blog. Here are lyrics that I thought were just what I needed to hear tonight.

Waiting (John Walker)
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on you Lord
and I am hopeful
I'm waiting on you Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting I will serve you
While I'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on you Lord
and I am peaceful
I'm waiting on you Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait

Maybe this will speak to someone else as well. Thanks, Sarah, for sharing. You can click on her name up above to hear the song.

5 comments:

Uma and Wil said...

As long as your two precious baby girls and yourself are cared for, who cares about laundry? I'm going to send you some pictures of my dusty house with dirty socks scattered about to make you feel better. Hugs and kisses to those beautiful little faces and a virtual hug and pat on the back for momma.

P.S. I hope whatever that's going on with Avery is not too serious and she'll get over it quickly!

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

So sorry things seem to be piling up literally and figuratively! I totally know how you feel with having a constipated kiddo. Audrey has had issues ever since we started her on solids. But we seemed to be able to handle it pretty well till she started whole milk at 12 months! Since then it's been a weekly battle to figure out what to give her to get her to "go". Our cure seems to be a little Miralax in her milk every few days. I hope my little guy doesn't have this problem but he already poops rarely and he's only 6 weeks old! Anyway...just wanted to send you hugs and thoughts!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great song. I remember when Rachel H. put it on her blog when she was "waiting" to get pregnant (and now she is.) So many of us have days and even weeks just like you are having right now. There are lots of friends and family who are praying for peace for you all right now. See you in a few days. Love, MOM

Sarah said...

I wish I could make things stop for you. Do you want me to take a couple loads of laundry to my house and do them for you? I'm totally serious. Whatever you need, woman. ANYTHING!!! Let me know!

The Medcalfs said...

You said maybe this will speak to someone else. It did. Me. Thank you. Love Aunt Janet