I don't know why but the last few days I have been feeling so blessed. Maybe it's because it's the fall and that Thanksgiving is almost here...or maybe it's just because people have shown such an overwhelming care and concern for our family.
Lauren and Chloe uprooted their lives and joined us all the way from LA to WA. They didn't just come to visit; Lauren came to really help. If I counted, I probably did the dishes about twice during the month she was here. That isn't all she did either. She was a HUGE help. Her husband did without her for an entire month...WOW! We had a wonderful time and hated to see them leave. Thanks to Brad, Lauren, and Chloe!
I have these wonderful neighbors...Ross and Jennifer. Ross has been helping me with things around the house that Andy would take care of and Jennifer and I have hung out. They love Rocky and their girls come down and get him to go play at their house with their Boston Terrier, Lily. Rocky goes for playdates...how fun is that! If I need anything, I know I can call them. What a relief!
Our church small group is AMAZING. They have been so supportive and are praying for us. I had kind of an emergency right after Andy left and one family came to my rescue. I know if I need something, they would be willing to help.
I have received packages from numerous people along with cards and flowers. You probably don't even know it, but it seems like the day I get that package is the day I needed it.
What else...basic stuff...I have a good house to live in and it's in a safe neighborhood. I have a car that runs that I don't have to worry about. I have friends who are willing to get out and do stuff or plan playdates to make this darn time go by. I have the best husband in the world whom I get to talk to frequently. And these two girls are so much fun. I am so lucky to get to stay home with them and be such a part of their lives.
All I can say is "THANK YOU" to everyone who is blessing us with your time, prayers, thoughts, words of encouragement, smiles... I can't tell you all how much I appreciate what you're doing. It's really great when you see that people are willing to take time to help you. We're all busy. Everyone has a busy schedule these days and for someone to make time for you means so much.
My parents visit in about a month. They'll be here the week of Thanksgiving. For now, I'm spending time with the girls and getting some stuff done around the house. Andy is doing good and we're hoping for April to be when he gets to come home for a visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am so glad you are getting so much help, love, and support. I think about you and pray for you often.
Also...this is late but happy 6 months to Avery!
Love ya!
Yes, you are blessed with wonderful people in your life. Just remember, you are that friend who would do anything for your friends. Blessings always have two sides - the giver and receiver..... Love ya, MOM
I agree with your mom, Alyssa! You have been a blessing in my life. I miss you!!
Post a Comment