Thursday, October 15, 2009

Kinsey is Two!





Loving Daughter


We sometimes call her "Crazy Anne" because she's so funny and unpredictable.


Sweet Sister


Kinsey at two years old:
*does forward rolls all over the house (learned this at The Little Gym)
*has the sweetest voice...so innocent
*loves to color (for about three minutes)
*plays with stickers and will finally let you put one on her
*has a maternal love for her baby dolls and baby Avery
*is a very loving & protective big sister
*carries on a conversation by way of her yellow play phone
*loves Elmo
*has a blanket & thumb which soothes her
*likes her curly hair free & not contained
*loves fruit, milk, yogurt, bread, crackers, & her First Flinstone vitamin
*has maybe had one piece of candy in her life
*really plays with Rocky (after all, they are similar in size)
*when music plays, she shakes those cute little hips and bounces around
*looks like an angel when she sleeps
*could live in the bathtub
*is a shoe Diva-she puts on her shoes or someone else's shoes...just loves to put on shoes. When she wakes up in the morning or from her nap, she gets shoes out of the closet and puts them on her feet.
*loves life & is full of it
*says "cheese" and smiles for the camera (FINALLY)
*is territorial when it comes to her Mom
*gives the best hugs
*walks over to Avery and kisses her; then says "Vevy". When Avery drops her toy or doesn't have a blanket, Kinsey runs to take care of it.
*captures Avery's attention like nobody else.
*mimics everything I do.
*calls Rocky "Ra-Ra" even though she can now say Rocky. He has officially been renamed.
*enjoys reading books sitting in your lap.
*puts things in their place.
*being outside...whether swinging, sliding, running, riding in her wagon, getting the mail, etc. gets her excited.
*when she gets worked up and needs a moment alone to calm down, will sit in her special chair to cool down. Joins us again when she's ready.
*she is tall & thin--go figure.
*holds my finger with her little hand when we walk.
*likes to sing "Old McDonald Had a Farm"
*sometimes I'll lay with her in her toddler bed and she looks into my eyes; she pokes my facial features and names them. Then she giggles and puts her arm around me too. I kiss her and say I love her. She closes her eys and snuggles up.
*falls asleep to a lullaby CD.
*will not sleep in socks (if I forget to take them off, she sticks her foot out from under the blanket and says "sock").
*bows her head, puts her little hands together, and says Amen when we pray.
*favorite treat is an Icee from Target
MOST IMPORTANTLY RIGHT NOW:
*misses her Daddy and gets excited looking at pictures of him.

This is Kinsey in a nutshell. Most of you don't get to be around her so this is what she is up to these days. She is quite the little lady!

We love you, Kinsey Anne!

8 comments:

Neal & Lucretia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KINSEY! Hope you have a wonderful day...we miss you and love you very much.

Uncle Neal, Aunt Lucretia and Jr.

Huse Yo Mama said...

Do you have a video camera? If so, we MUST hear her little voice!! Remember, I've NEVER heard her talk!!!! Or maybe we should Skype? :-)

Happy Birthday Kinsey Anne! We love you!

amy said...

Happy Birthday Kinsey! Crazy Anne, I love it hahahha. I think the picture of her and Andy are priceless!

Sarah said...

Okay, she is so stinkin cute. The pictures are priceless! I love hearing all the special things about her... it reminds me how many special things there are to be thankful for in Brenner!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Precious Girl! We love you and can't wait to see you. Love, Nona and Grandaddy....

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY, KINSEY ANNE!!!
Alyssa-your little lady is so blessed to have you for a mama and Andy for a daddy. I hope her b-day was wonderful!

Kristen said...

She is such a sweet little girl!! I can picture her doing everything you mentioned in your blog. How sweet!!

KCR said...

sweet post Alyssa!