Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Night Away

Andy and I spent our first night EVER away from Kinsey and Avery. We really have the best friends...Dan, KC, Noe, and Micah spent a night away from their beds and came and stayed at our home with Kinsey and Avery so we could go and have a really fun night in Seattle's downtown. We actually stayed in a really nice hotel, had a couple's massage, ate some great food at a German brewery, fruit bowl in our room when we returned with chocolate (yum), breakfast out, and then got back on the road. Those were the best hours! When he's gone, I will definitely be remembering this weekend. I'm not sure what the best part was other than just being with him and getting to pay full attention to him and not a needy toddler. :) Dan and KC, we really can't thank you enough. And (for those of you who read my blog and know KC) she did laundry and dishes while she was here. After all the fun, I only got one picture. We kept forgetting to take pictures. We are in our hotel, Hyatt at Olive 8, having just finished breakfast. Here it is:



Avery sleeping after baby dedication in our room in the pack 'n play:



She has made friends with her thumb...no more pacifier.



Avery sitting in her high chair from Uncle Neal and Aunt Lucretia:



This is the first grilled cheese I've made for Kinsey. This is what I usually order for her when we're eating out but we're boycotting restaurants with her right now. She can't last long enough for that.







Head up high...

11 comments:

Leah Adams said...

So glad you made time to spend together. You need that,especially with little ones in the house. I know they occupy all your attention. Praying for you.

Leah

amy said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you guys got to have a wonderful date night.

Huse Yo Mama said...

YAY!! I'm glad it went well!! Y'all deserved it. And I'm sure KC and Dan enjoyed it too!

The pictures of the girls are adorable, as usual. I love that you only took one picture of your time with Andy. That means your head was in the right place!!!

KCR said...

um, you didn't mention the fact that we ate 2 of your klondike bars...um, hope that was okay! :)

Uma and Wil said...

Spending time with your husband and have a great time together and all that is great, but let's talk about what's really important here. YOU'RE SUPER SKINNY!!! I now feel like I perhaps shouldn't have eaten all of my dinner then polished off what Wil left on his plate.

Hooray for a real date night! You guys so have earned it! The twins are totally precious, as always ;).

Kristen said...

That's great that you two got to have a night alone together!! Glad to see you guys are doing well!!

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

What a wonderful night and wonderful friends to give you that night away together!
You of course look fabulous too!

Kallie said...

I agree with Uma...you are super skinny!! I can't believe you! ;)

I'm so glad that you got time to have fun with Andy and focus completely on each other! Isn't that funny how we used to take that for granted...(I mean the needy toddler bit, not that you took Andy for granted;))

Anonymous said...

So glad you and Andy had a fun time away. I'll bet the girls had a great time, too! I'm so thankful for those great friends of yours. Love all the new pictures!

MOM and DAD

The Medcalfs said...

I love all the pictures! Those are some very precious little girls!
Love Aunt Janet

Riann said...

I am so glad that you got a night out! Yippee for awesome friends you can count on! You look great and I am so happy to be able to see the girls on here!