So we're getting even closer to Andy's departure. We're two weeks out as of tomorrow. Just wanted to send out a message to friends and family regarding the week after he leaves. I will definitely let everyone know he's gone and that he's arrived safely, but I will be doing this via email or text. For a good week after he leaves, I'll be laying low. I'm giving myself a week to sulk and get used to being a single mom of two. The phone line is open to call or feel free to email me, but just know I most likely will not be picking up the phone. Messages are wonderful and it's great to know people are thinking about us and praying for us. In fact that will probably make my day. Please don't take it as rude if I don't call you back. This will be a difficult time for us and a time for the girls and me to be together and not me talking on the phone. Also please realize if you call and don't leave a message, I'll never know you called. I don't ever check caller id at the house...only on my cell phone. Thanks ahead of time for all your thoughts and prayers. When I get Andy's address, I'll be sure to pass it along via email.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Alyssa,
You do whatever you need to in order to cope. Don't forget that the Lord has your back and He has Andy's back. He goes before you and He is your rear guard.
Please know that I will be praying for you and will be asking the Lord to make Himself VERY present in your heart and life during those days.
Your family and thousands of others are my heroes. Thank you for the sacrifice you make to keep our nation free.
Although we don't 'know' each other, except via blogs and email, please know that I am here if I can do anything for you other than pray.
Leah
Alyssa- you are so wise to do this and to let everyone know really helps. You and Andy & the girls are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you
Wish I could be there with you all. Love MOM
Alyssa--You could NEVER offend me. You do what you need to do. We get it. Reading your blog made my stomach do a flip. I'm praying for an easy transition for everyone. I hate it for all of you but at the same time I am SO proud of you guys.
Alyssa,
You are such a strong woman! I admire you. You and your family are in my prayers. Love ya!
You've come a long way, baby! You are going to handle this like a champ!!! And giving yourself a week to sulk is fantastic! I don't think anyone would blame you if you took more than a week! Just make sure you come up for air at some point. :-)
Love you girl! Praying for you! (and the girls, and Andy, of course!)
Alyssa, our thoughts and prayers are with you all. I hope you had a wonderful Birthday...Pizza hut and time with Andy....SCORE!
We love you and are here,,,,,whatever you need.
Post a Comment