Saturday, August 15, 2009

It was a great two weeks...but it's almost over!

We have had the best two weeks with Andy being off of work. I really hate he has to go back on Monday. It's a lot of fun having more than a couple of days to spend with him. This also means it's getting really close to their departure date, which is right after Labor Day.

Avery is multi-tasking here...swinging and holding her toes.


I love wearing her in my Moby wrap. It's so comfortable.


Andy's plants...growing a baby squash.


His tomato plants...if you look closely, you'll see three baby tomatoes.


We spent some time in the backyard. One night we even made pudgy pies for supper. Here we are playing while we waited for the fire to heat up.




Avery's first time sliding...just kidding.


The pies are almost ready.


Pudgy Pies for supper...no one tell Tony Horton on me. (He's the P90X trainer I work out with everyday...from my TV.)


The girls getting ready for a day out this morning. We had a few errands to run today and then stumbled upon a farmer's market near our house. What fun! We bought some produce, lunch, and saw a bunch of antique cars.


Andy and I also got to go on a date this Thursday. A friend of ours from our Sunday School class offered to come watch them for us so we could spend some time together. So we went to Outback to eat and to see G.I. Joe. If you are looking for a movie to see in the theater, this is the one. AWESOME! Thanks to Stephanie for coming, playing, and taking such good care of our little ladies. We really had a great time and it was good to get out just the two of us. We're getting a little spoiled; two times within two weeks we were able to spend time together alone. I love these little girls but I love time alone with Andy...especially because it's a rare occasion when it happens.

10 comments:

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

What are pudgy pies?
That's cool about the farmer's market...I've been wanting to check out the ones around here.
I am so impressed with how well you wear your moby wrap. I have a wrap that's not a moby and I was so uncoordinated with it when Audrey was a little baby. I just had to use the Bjorn or my Hotsling instead. Hopefully I can get the hang of my wrap this time around!

Huse Yo Mama said...

Few things here.

I totally forgot about Baby Legs (so excited) and I'm getting me a Moby wrap for SURE! You used that thing more than I used my Bjorn.

Secondly, what are Pudgy Pies?

Thirdly, way to go on the garden!!

Fourthly (these aren't even words, are they!?), why did you NOT get a separate picture with Andy in his shorts and Cowboy boots!? You NEED that for the deployment!! You need it to get you through!

Love you guys and miss you!!!

Erin Mitchler said...

You know what I love about time off with our guys???-- FACIAL HAIR!!

Everyone looks great.
Talk to you this week...

the fortenberrys said...

Pudgy pies...you take two pieces of bread and whatever filling you like. Most people use pizza sauce and pepperoni (which is what we did) with mozzarella cheese. They taste like real pizzas. We also did dessert pies with two pieces of bread and pie filling. We used blackberry. Then with the dessert ones you coat with cinnamon sugar after they cook. They are yummy and so much fun to make. (You have to coat the irons with butter or olive oil so they don't stick after they are cooked.)

The wrap...Laura, I had to practice a lot to get that thing tight enough. I know what you mean about wearing it. Rachel, you definitely need one. Don't buy it yet, someone may get you one as a gift. And yes, you will HAVE to have Baby Legs. There's nothing cuter on baby legs than those.

Erin, I am LOVING the facial hair and totally agree! Talk to you soon.

Huse Yo Mama said...

ahhh...now I know what the Pudgy Pies are. I have heard of something like that. Sounds DELISH!

As for the Baby Legs, I bought like ten pair for Lorelai, but her legs were too fat!!! :-( ha ha

amy said...

I had no idea what a Pudgy Pie was either. I like pizza, so I think it sounds good :)

You got me on that slide picture. I am still laughing about that.

I'm so glad you guys got some quality time together!

Anonymous said...

Love the new family picture on your blog. Not sure which of these new pictures is my favorite, I love them all! I think Kinsey is making one of your famous "faces" in one of them....Love ya, MOM

The Earnhardt Family said...

You're welcome my friend. Let's try to get together this week if he's back at work. I agree. GI Joe was a great movie!!

Riann said...

Love the new blog layout and background! The opening picture looks great! So glad you guys are getting to spend time together before he goes! Thinking of you!

The Medcalfs said...

Love the family picture of you guys!! Hope you have a great week! Love aunt janet