It's really hard to keep the girls both entertained when I cook supper (if Avery is awake anyway). So I've been "training" Kinsey with what I call "table fun". While I cook supper, I have something fun for her to do sitting down in her booster seat. Here she is painting with water. She had a lot of fun with this. Avery was playing with her new ball. I love it when they are both content and I can get stuff done that needs to be done at the moment. I know one day they will be able to play together when I cook supper but until then I'll have to be creative.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Build a Bear Workshop
Today we went and made Kinsey and Avery their very own bears at Build A Bear Workshop. The main reason for this visit was because Andy could record the girls a message from him for when he's gone. They can now hear Daddy anytime they wish. Kinsey's bear is the brown one and Avery's bear is the pink one. What a cool place that was!

It's really hard to keep the girls both entertained when I cook supper (if Avery is awake anyway). So I've been "training" Kinsey with what I call "table fun". While I cook supper, I have something fun for her to do sitting down in her booster seat. Here she is painting with water. She had a lot of fun with this. Avery was playing with her new ball. I love it when they are both content and I can get stuff done that needs to be done at the moment. I know one day they will be able to play together when I cook supper but until then I'll have to be creative.


It's really hard to keep the girls both entertained when I cook supper (if Avery is awake anyway). So I've been "training" Kinsey with what I call "table fun". While I cook supper, I have something fun for her to do sitting down in her booster seat. Here she is painting with water. She had a lot of fun with this. Avery was playing with her new ball. I love it when they are both content and I can get stuff done that needs to be done at the moment. I know one day they will be able to play together when I cook supper but until then I'll have to be creative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Good job, Mom!!! You are very creative!! And the idea for the Build-a-Bear is awesome!!
What sweet bears! I sent Dave the army bear with my voice when he was deployed. He really liked it, so I can imagine the girls will think it's the best thing ever....
and Kinsey's curls are way too cute.
Love the Bears with Daddy's voice. This will be something they will treasure even when they are teenagers. You are such a thoughtful MOMMY! I'm so proud of you. Love, MOM
That's awesome Alyssa! I love the bear idea!
What's the painting with water...? Looks fun and not too messy! I need some ideas for Jack. We have the same problem some days.
The bears were a great idea!
I also like the water painting that Kinsey is doing while you cook dinner. These are ideas I need to file away to use when this baby boy gets here!
I've always wanted to do a build a bear!!! That must have been fun for Kinsey! And look at Kinsey painting. That's awesome that she has so much control over the paint brush.
Smart ideas! I want to build a bear!! :-)
I teared up as I read about the bears. My kids have one that they did for their Grandma when we lived far away. I loved the comment about them someday playing together during dinner. Ha ha ha. You'll see. That does occassionally happen but more often it's the time they choose to want the same toy or something like that. Oh the joys of a mother at dinner time!!
Post a Comment