This past week we have had record-breaking temperatures. Granted we are used to high temps (100's) this time of year; however, please realize that normally when it's this hot, we have an air conditioned house to be inside of. These wonderful WA homes don't come with AC. Kinsey has been sleeping in her diaper with two fans directly blowing on her in her crib. She had to have her blanket because no sleep is happening without it. Avery has returned to our room to sleep since we have the only room with a window unit air conditioner. This is supposed to get better in the next day or so...we have been miserable. Monday Andy was qualifying at the range on post and was wearing all kinds of gear. I felt bad for complaining being near fans when he was directly in the heat. I've mainly been worried about the girls. That's a lot of heat for a long period of time for little ones to be in.

While upstairs I put Kinsey's hair in a ponytail to keep her cool. It's crazy how hard it is to get all those curls in one!

She then decided she didn't want the curls contained, and put her ponytail back in the basket on her bookcase. I am loving the look I got when I asked her what happened to it....hand on hip and pursed lips. She is me in a little body! What am I in for??!!

This morning I opened a package I ordered from Gymboree, one of my favorite stores. Kinsey saw this dress I had bought for her and she wanted to put it on. She actually called it her "d'ess".

Afternoon playing outside before the heatwave came...



9 comments:
I can't imagine NO AC! Is that even legal??? I love the pictures. Kinsey looks precious in her new dress and Avery seems very content in her bouncer. I want to know who can swing the highest.... Love you all, MOM
No AC---that is cruel and inhumane!! Can't even imagine. I think I'd be headed to the Holiday Inn!! :)
Love the d'ess. It is so adorable.
Leah
No AC ?! I think I would have to live in the baby pool.
Cute pictures and really secretly wish I had Kinsey's curls.
I meant to say...I heard on the weather channel that only 15% have air conditioning in Washington state! Cool weather is coming back to you so hang in there!!
I am sorry you don't have AC! I hope the heat passes soon. I love the picture of Andy on the swings with Kinsey.
I can't believe homes there don't have AC!! I'm so sorry, that must be miserable! But I saw that you guys are catching a break today...sort of. I love all the pics. Kinsey's curls are so adorable! :)
I heard about the heatwaves there! I know you are used to hot weather but without central air that has to be SO hard! We haven't had 100 degree days here yet...it's been a mild summer here which didn't prepare me for the humidity in La!
is that your new playground? and, when can we come play on it?!!
Post a Comment