Friday, April 17, 2009

It Sold!

We closed on our house this morning at 10:00 after meeting the buyer for a final walk-through at 8:30. She was very nice and seemed excited about buying our home. How bittersweet this day was though! It is exciting in such a bad economic time to be able to sell. We do have a lot of memories in this house as we will have had two children here. For Kinsey, this is what she knows as "home". We are very excited and everything really is just falling right into place. I was worried I would go into labor about the time of our closing, but here I am...still pregnant! So now I'm thinking..."Come on baby girl. It's okay to be born now." To anyone who was praying for this sale, just wanted to say thanks so much. Your prayers and ours were answered.

8 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Yahoo!! Congratulations! I know the feeling of unloading a house. God bless you!

Leah

Erin said...

Go Team Fortenberry! I was holding my breath until closing today...

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on the closing!!! What a relief and a blessing to have it all done before baby #2 makes her debut. Now for a quick and easy delivery in the next couple days... or hours??

The Medcalfs said...

That is awesome news!! Yeah for closing!!

Kristen said...

I'm glad everything went okay today!! That's such a great relief I'm sure. Now we just need the little one to be born!!! :)

Huse Yo Mama said...

Erin, you held your breath that entire time? You're one dedicated friend! I would have passed out by now.

Congrats, guys!

Kallie said...

YAY!!!!!!! we are so excited for you guys!

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

Congratulations!!! What a relief!