Sunday, February 22, 2009
Suggestions Needed Please
Since we are coming up on a long drive to Washington state, I wanted to put a few DVDs in Kinsey's Easter basket she can watch on the way. They can be educational (shapes, letters, words, sounds, etc.) or just for fun. I just want some suggestions if anyone has any of DVDs that are worth the money and your child's time. If anyone can offer up some titles that you know your child loves or someone else's child loves, I would greatly appreciate it. Hope you're all having fun thinking of Easter basket goodies for your own children. Thanks in advance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
The VeggieTales videos are great. I gave my nephews so many of them when they were little and they loved them.
Also, Max Lucado's Hermie videos are so fun.
Leah
My twins loved Elmo from Sesame street. My daughter liked Dora the Explorer.
First of all, she must have a 50 gallon Easter basket. I mean, seriously. ;-)
Praise Baby. It's like Baby Einstein, but with praise music. So, you can listen to the music while she watches all the stuff go across the screen. Lorelai can be in the middle of a fit (not a carseat strike fit, but any other type of fit) and I'll turn this on and she's silent. She loves it! I know Kinsey will too!
Other than that, we have the regular lineup that you know...Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Veggie Tales, Curious George and somethingelseIcantremember.
H likes the Veggie Tales ones, as well. But...right now he is all about some "Happy Feet." I know it isn't educational, but it is what works for him in the carseat right now. There is a bunch of singing, and when the little pengiun dances he laughs and laughs. At least this one has a story, most of the other ones we have are just random takes of things all compiled into one video...like the Baby einstein. He also likes Blue's Clues because there are lots of shapes and he knows the songs for each daily activity.
Alyssa,
Crystal & I still love veggie tales.
We never got rid of them. :D
Luv you,
aunt helen
Alyssa,
Crystal & I still love veggie tales.
We never got rid of them. :D
Luv you,
aunt helen
My Nephew, Hayden (2 1/2 ) still loves Baby Einstien. He also loves Dora and Diego. My personal favs from my 2 are Barney (we are of a different era) Elmo, Blues Clues, Little Einstiens....
Something we did once for a long trip was make our own from tv shows. We made an entire video of all the tv shows on Noggin, Disney, Nick, etc....It was the best by far!
Maia LOVES Wild Animal Babies by the National Wildlife Federation...we first found them at Ross but you can order them on amazon.com.
Here's a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKJy98o5O94
Amour
we love Word World, about $10/dvd at Target or Amazon. I also found a 5 disc set of Sesame Street episodes on Amazon. We bought lots of DVDs for Christmas since we weren't sure what we would get on TV out here. Amelia's favorite car movies are Monsters, Inc and Finding Nemo. I hear those are lots of kids first movie favs. We like Veggie Tales, too-we have Wizard of Ha's, Snoodle's Tale and Lyle The Kindly Viking.
I know it's already been suggested, but Holland LOVES veggie tales. Be careful though, you'll catch yourself singing the theme song when no one is around.
Post a Comment