Enjoying a mouthful of them (bananas).
At my parents' house during our Christmas trip, my Mom asked if Kinsey was using a fork or spoon yet. I hadn't really thought about giving her that yet but we decided to see how she reacted. Kinsey had been practicing with those Gerber Lil' Dippers but they don't really pick up much. When she had the tiny fork, she did pretty good. Now that we've been using the fork or spoon, she is doing so well. Sometimes you just don't think of introducing things and when you try them, they actually turn out to work. Thanks Mom! It's messier but it's also making life a little easier. Plus, she really likes being independent.
Saturday night we all three ventured across town and had supper at a place called BJ's. We love it but don't go often because it's a pretty good distance for us. After riding in the car for 35 minutes and then waiting for a table for a good 30 minutes, Kinsey was ready to go. She wasn't ready to sit and be quiet for an entire meal. We are definitely realizing our limits with her. We may be going to date nights only. That's okay. I can see how that would be hard on a little one that just wants to run around and play instead of being contained.

2 comments:
I've never tried BJs. When I'm in San Antonio I am always making a beeline for the Alamo Cafe and those TO-DIE-FOR flour tortillas. Oh my goodness are they ever good. Pappadeaux's is also a favorite.
Leah
Post a Comment