Kallie tagged me on her blog, so here are my few tidbits about me.
1. I make lists for EVERYTHING. I have my planner and a clipboard that has random pieces of paper on it for everything from Christmas ideas for people to budget stuff to what Kinsey's eating to grocery lists to whatever. I think I could live without my lists and my calendar but I'm not willing to risk finding out. Most people who know me well make fun of this little mannerism I have.
2. I am okay with being the center of attention and in charge. I went from in high school being the danceline captain to in college being a dance choreographer and Gap supervisor. After college, I went to being a teacher and then now to a mom. I have shifted my center of attention position to my child, and I'm fine with that; however, I still don't mind being in charge. In saying that, I didn't add that I became a wife because Andy and I are partners. Our marriage is not one person in charge and it works well that way for us. He has actually balanced me out. If you're saying, "Really?" You should have met me before!
3. I am a reader and researcher when it comes to health care, pregnancy, raising children, or teaching Grammar/Writing/Literature. Anything that captures my interest, I will learn everything I can about it. I really get aggravated with ignorance/ignorant people. It is in a book or on the internet somewhere....go look it up! Or better yet, keep your mouth shut. I do think this mentality comes somewhat with maturity of age. The funny thing is before Kinsey I didn't read much of anything other than for work. Andy would give me something to read and it was like pulling teeth to get me to actually read it.
4. I dread the question "what's for supper?" We are so indecisive when it comes to what to eat unless we are going out to eat. The planning of supper is not my strength. Luckily I have a husband who enjoys grilling out quite often.
5. I love the fall/heading into winter timeframe: Back to School, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Especially with Andy being military, when they are home, they have quite a few days off in the last few months of the year due to all the holidays. This makes for lots of long weekends. I think this is also the prettiest time of year. I love fall colors and if you visit our home it is decorated in these shades. What a great time of year for tent camping or hiking. Rocky can also attest to how pretty this time of year is.
6. I wish that we didn't judge each other. People, in general, usually hear, read, or see something and make a quick judgement about a person or something they are doing. Why do we do that? I know this is human nature, but I do things the way I do them for a reason. Without knowing my full explanation about something, people find it quick to judge. Even when I'm asked why, I don't usually give my full explanation. After being busy with a child, I don't have the energy to explain everything. I just know that understanding why I do things is good enough for me. Everyone is like that. You may keep your toothbrush in a weird spot but do you really need to explain that to someone? No! We all have our things. I do this too, though. I judge people too. I wish I could change this about myself. I'm not better than that mom who has an older child and is dealing with something I have yet to deal with. I was the person who said, "When we have kids, they won't act like that." Andy would just smile. Here we are with a toddler. Perspective sure changes things. I even laugh because I hear people when they are pregnant say things just like I did when I was pregnant, and I'm already eating those words (just ask Rachel).
Okay Kallie thanks for tagging me. I'm now tagging Paige, Laura, and Rebecca. Have fun ladies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I must know you pretty well, I knew all of these things about you.
I think you id a really good job of showing us you on paper, but you did leave out a few things, I will keep it a sister thing :) You can thank me later...on my birthday.
I love the lists, and so true. I remember when we were visiting and I saw your weekly chore chart. Honey, just vaccuum when the floor is dirty, you don't need to every Thursday at 4:15 ...ha! so funny you are!
I loved those...and I love you friend! You are such a special person! I count it one of my greatest blessings to have you as a friend! ( And my how we came close to losing it! Silly us...)
Thanks for sharing!
I LOVE Fall too. I have a feeling next fall will be filled with wonderful colors with all the trees in Georgia!
Post a Comment