Monday, August 25, 2008

Trip to Louisiana

My grandfather has been pretty sick and I've been wanting to go visit him in Louisiana. He had been in Critical Care at the hospital and has recently been moved to a rehab center after having surgery; he had broken his femur and hip bones. He has had some good days and some not so good but overall it seems that he'll be moving out of the rehab center here in the next few weeks.

My greatest friend, Lauren, kept Kinsey for me while I visited Pawpaw in the hospital. I didn't want to take her to the rehab center, so Lauren kept her for me. This was the best because Lauren has a daughter who just turned one a few months ago, so they were able to play together and with all of Chloe's toys. We had a few short visits with great-grandparents, so they could see Kinsey and we stayed with my parents, so they got to see her at night. The highlight of the week was on Wednesday. Pawpaw's 74th birthday fell during this week and we had a birthday celebration for him. Mawmaw made cupcakes and brownies and we made a collage for him of people (and animals) that love him. I think he really enjoyed it and had a great day!

Nona bought Kinsey this adorable ballerina outfit. How much fun is she going to have twirling around in it!


Lauren is feeding Kinsey. Kinsey was right at home with Lauren, Chloe, and Mattie.


Chloe and Kinsey wanted in the laundry room to see Mattie. I think Mattie wanted out as bad as they wanted in. Kinsey LOVES all dogs. She lights up when she sees one no matter where we are or what size of the dog.


Nona and Kinsey


Joe and Kinsey...Our trip to Nana's was a tired one for Kinsey. It was obvious to me how tired she was from all that had been going on when we got to Nana's. She is usually a really happy and fun-loving baby, but that was not the case at Nana's. I wish Nana would have seen her happier but a baby can only take so much. Because of this, we stayed an extra day and did pretty much nothing so Kinsey could recuperate. It was worth the extra time because she got some good rest and alone time with Mommy.


Kinsey in her new dress from Nana


Nana with Kinsey


Pawpaw's birthday celebration...what a life to celebrate!


Pawpaw, Mawmaw, and his sweet nurse


Granddaddy making Kinsey laugh...he's good at that!


Mawmaw and Kinsey


It looks like Kinsey and Baby are talking. I wonder what they are saying. I'm betting Baby is wondering why Kinsey is playing with her toys.


Nona and Kinsey

3 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

What a great update! Kinsey was all over the place in everyone's arms, wasn't she!? She was loving every minute of it, I"m sure.

And that ballerina dress...I MUST know where she got it. That would be the perfect 2nd birthday gift for Lala!

Glad your grandfather is doing better!

the fortenberrys said...

She got it at TJ Max of course...my mom's favorite store! I can't believe it fit her so well. Look in the girl's department.

Anonymous said...

Those are great shots ! I do so love looking at pictures.

The pretty tutu,will be darling, for handing out candy, on halloween.

A thousand hugs & kisses,

Aunt Helen & Uncle Rick