When does life stop getting better and better? Don't you plateau somehow? I feel like every year just gets better. The idea of the age 27 was always exciting for me. I don't really know why but I was just as excited to turn 27 as I was to be 18. Eighteen because then I could vote and I think I always liked the idea of 27 because I loved the number; it seemed like the age of really getting into adulthood. It was a great year! I think people finally quit asking me if I was a junior high student when I told them I was a teacher of seventh graders. This started dying off about 26. The best part of being 27 was Andy and I hit our fifth anniversary and we began our family (no offense Rocky). What a wonderful year! I guess the only downside is my body is starting to realize I'm approaching 30. Ughh...oh well. I guess I'm facing the inevitable. Thank goodness for Gold's Gym (right Rachel?!).
The best part of today was everyone's phone calls, cards, and emails. Having someone think of you on your day is priceless! I feel very special and loved. Thank you for taking time out everyone to contact me.
I really appreciate it! Being a mom sometimes overshadows being your own person. Days like this help me remember I'm not only Andy's wife and Kinsey's mom. Thanks everyone!
We went to my favorite Mexican restaurant for my birthday. I think Kinsey actually knew it was my birthday because she was perfect!
6 comments:
Dearest Alyssa,
Happy Belated Birthday sweetee !
And many many more, to come!
Your a doll, & we love you !
Aunt Helen & Uncle Rick
Thanks Aunt Helen & Uncle Rick!
Did you get anything cool for your birthday?
Just teasin'.
Happy Happy Birfumday, yo.
I can't believe that you're 28! That's such a fun number! Yay for birthdays!
Sorry I was late in birthday wishes...love you!
Sounds like a perfect birthday! Tomorrow is Andy's day! Hoping it is special for him!
Lots of love- Aunt Janet
Happy Belated Birthday!!
Post a Comment