Now to the newest of my "earthy" things with Kinsey...diapering. We have used disposable diapers thus far. Last summer a friend of mine (the same friend who introduced me to wraps and slings), introduced me to the modernized cloth diapers. These are not the diapers you fold, nor the ones you pin with the old diaper pins like my mom did in 1980. Those are so twenty years ago (or 28 years ago). In fact, I am using the ones that are just like disposable diapers. They are so easy!! There is nothing wrong with disposables, but I was so tired of Kinsey having a diaper rash (from wearing a diaper for two hours--ridiculous) and from these blow-out diapers that ruin her cute outfits. Cloth diapers are fixing these issues and not to mention how SOFT they are. She can wear them longer than the other diapers because of the material within them. If anyone is interested, I am using bumGenius diapers (All in Ones) and you can find them anywhere but I prefer the www.cottonbabies.com website. It is going really well. Kinsey didn't even notice a difference. They are solid colors and I prefer that instead of the cartoon characters on the other ones. I really like the white for her cute little white dresses and bubble outfits. Nothing shows through. Here she is playing in a blossom cloth diaper. How cute is that!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
I guess I'm officially "earthy"!
If you would have asked me several years ago what kinds of things I would do with my baby (such as feeding, diapering, baby wearing, etc.) when I became a mom, I may have had different answers than I do today. I never would have imagined me wearing a baby and here I am with Kinsey in the Moby wrap. Every time I have worn her in this, someone has asked me about it. Andy jokes with me and calls me "granola" when I wear Kinsey in this wrap; it is my favorite though. I think I definitely got my money out of it.

Now to the newest of my "earthy" things with Kinsey...diapering. We have used disposable diapers thus far. Last summer a friend of mine (the same friend who introduced me to wraps and slings), introduced me to the modernized cloth diapers. These are not the diapers you fold, nor the ones you pin with the old diaper pins like my mom did in 1980. Those are so twenty years ago (or 28 years ago). In fact, I am using the ones that are just like disposable diapers. They are so easy!! There is nothing wrong with disposables, but I was so tired of Kinsey having a diaper rash (from wearing a diaper for two hours--ridiculous) and from these blow-out diapers that ruin her cute outfits. Cloth diapers are fixing these issues and not to mention how SOFT they are. She can wear them longer than the other diapers because of the material within them. If anyone is interested, I am using bumGenius diapers (All in Ones) and you can find them anywhere but I prefer the www.cottonbabies.com website. It is going really well. Kinsey didn't even notice a difference. They are solid colors and I prefer that instead of the cartoon characters on the other ones. I really like the white for her cute little white dresses and bubble outfits. Nothing shows through. Here she is playing in a blossom cloth diaper. How cute is that!
Now to the newest of my "earthy" things with Kinsey...diapering. We have used disposable diapers thus far. Last summer a friend of mine (the same friend who introduced me to wraps and slings), introduced me to the modernized cloth diapers. These are not the diapers you fold, nor the ones you pin with the old diaper pins like my mom did in 1980. Those are so twenty years ago (or 28 years ago). In fact, I am using the ones that are just like disposable diapers. They are so easy!! There is nothing wrong with disposables, but I was so tired of Kinsey having a diaper rash (from wearing a diaper for two hours--ridiculous) and from these blow-out diapers that ruin her cute outfits. Cloth diapers are fixing these issues and not to mention how SOFT they are. She can wear them longer than the other diapers because of the material within them. If anyone is interested, I am using bumGenius diapers (All in Ones) and you can find them anywhere but I prefer the www.cottonbabies.com website. It is going really well. Kinsey didn't even notice a difference. They are solid colors and I prefer that instead of the cartoon characters on the other ones. I really like the white for her cute little white dresses and bubble outfits. Nothing shows through. Here she is playing in a blossom cloth diaper. How cute is that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Yay for cloth diapers! I've ordered all of mine and I super excited about it! They are soooo nice! And hey, thank you for your helpful comment on my blog!
She does look really cute in the pink (blossom) one! Of course, we think she looks cute in anything at all.... Love Nona and Grandaddy
I thought I'd leave you another comment...because comments are fun to get! I'm down to my last box of size one diapers...and thinking up ways to get rid of them faster!!!
Okay so I have been thinking for weeks how I need to blog about how we've been cloth diapering Audrey and now I see your blog! So, I am officially motivated to go and blog about it. We use BG's too and really like them! From the babylegs, to babywearin to cloth diapering-It's crazy how much we are alike! :-)
Cute little Blossum bottom! Love you Kinsey Anne!
That is so awesome! 23 years ago, I didn't have a choice like that so that is so neat! Kinsey is so adorable! Oh yeah, and the wrap is too cool and the granola comment too funny!! :-)
Aunt Janet
Earthy? I thought it was "Crunchy."
Love ya, MOM
I like "earthy" better. :>
Hey Girl,
I haven't been to the site in a while. I can't believe how big Kinsey is! She is too cute! That is good info to know about the cloth diapers...especially with the breastfed baby blowouts!!! Talk to you soon. jaclyn
Post a Comment