Friday, July 11, 2008

Corpus Christi, Texas

We went on our first vacation as our little family; we even took Rocky. It was quite the experience loaded with fun and moments of Kinsey not wanting to sleep in her new pack-n-play. We drove about two and a half hours down to the coast on Tuesday and came back on Thursday. After all that has been going on around here in our little world with Andy's Orals and just the end of semester school stuff leading up to the residency, it was really nice to get out of town and not think about life for a minute. We always get to come back to it. He starts Monday the final phase of the school and that will last for nine months.

A couple of highlights/sad moments from the trip and then some pictures.
1. We went to the beach Wednesday morning all four of us and played in the water. Kinsey played and tasted the sand (because we all need to know what sand tastes like, right?!) and Rocky rolled around on a dead fish lying on the beach. It was all in all a fun morning. We went back to our hotel and cleaned all four of us up. That afternoon we were driving around looking for a spot for lunch. The same beach spot we were at had emergency vehicles, personnel, and boats all around. You couldn't miss it. Come to find out, a child had drowned. This was hours after we left the beach.
2. It was nice in Corpus. There were lots of sidewalks to walk on, so we strolled quite a bit. One afternoon I had gotten ready and did my hair (obviously to where it looked like a nest, I'm guessing). As we walked, a large black bird attacked me in the back of the neck TWICE.
3. We ate on the shoreline one night at this fish restaurant which was really good. Kinsey is getting FUN to eat out with as she screams these little squeals really loud. It's cute probably the first or second time for other guests dining in, but she likes to keep doing it. They just look at us, and last night at Texas Roadhouse I told the lady next to us, "Sorry. She doesn't understand 'Be quiet.'" She just smiled (thankfully understanding it seemed).




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Aunt Janet! I know I have told you but I love to check your page out and see something new! Looks like a fun time at the beach! We went to the lake with David on Saturday and had a great day! I even got on the tube once. Andy would be proud of his Aunt Janet doing that. LOL
I will send some pics of our day...
Talk to you all later.. Love ya!

The Fortenberrys said...

I am so glad you commented. I was wondering if anyone saw these pictures :> I can't wait to see your pics from the lake. Love ya!

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

Looks like a fabulous little family trip! I bet she just loved the way the sand felt, in her teeth! HA! Too funny Lys!

Love you guys!