Friday, June 13, 2008

Naked Napper

Kinsey and naps...sometimes she wants to sleep and sometimes she doesn't. I agree with Rachel that since she has learned to walk around in her crib, she is too excited to sleep. Today she went down for her normal 11:00 nap into a good sleep. She generally naps until around 12:30; however, today she awoke around 11:50. I left her in her crib to have some alone time because this was recommended by our pediatrician, whose son would never take a nap but the time to himself was good for him. She doesn't cry when she wakes up, but does talk and sing Kinsey's noises to herself and I can hear her through the monitor. Okay after saying all that...I hear her on the monitor talking and singing in her sweet little voice to herself. It's like she's telling a story. I only wish I knew her language! I decide to go in there around 12:20. If I go in there and she sees me, it's all over. She'll cry and want Mommy. When I went in there, she had taken off her pajama pants AND her diaper. She was standing pulled up to the end of the crib by the door looking for me in only the pajama top. Bare butt and bare legs! To top it off, she had peed in the center of the crib. :> I died laughing and had to call Andy to share this moment! I love when she does something so unexpected.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny!! I bet she was pretty proud of herself! Love you guys! Aunt Janet

the fortenberrys said...

I think she was pretty proud. She had a great big smile when she saw me coming. :>

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

That is hilarious! LOL!