Friday, February 19, 2010

I've Learned That... (2nd edition)

  • There aren't any words anyone can tell you that will make an unpleasant situation better.  You have to figure it out for yourself.
  • Before buying all the needed ingredients for a specific recipe, I should also read the directions.
  • The people that have taken the time to connect with me this year will never be forgotten.
  • There is more to WA than rain!
  • Watching Kinsey try to console Avery is the sweetest thing.
  • A year is a ridiculously long time to be away from a spouse whom you are happily married to (especially when there are kids involved).  Come on ARMY, can't you make it less time???
  • I can find good in any bad day.
  • It's okay to be sad and take the time you need to pick yourself back up as long as you do pick yourself back up and move on.
  • There is a HIGH price to have free health care and I use the word "free" healthcare extremely loose.
  • I get excited when we get home and we have a message on the answering machine.
  • Making baby food is so much fun. 
  • People surprise me...sometimes it's for the best and sometimes not.
  • Great friends are hard to find and even harder is living a world away from them.
  • Costco is the best store EVER!
  • Some organic products are worth the money.
  • As much as I love moving, meeting new people, and seeing new places, there is something comforting about seeing someone who has known me for years.
  • No matter what room the girls are in, the second I get on the phone they start something that requires my attention. (exception: if they are asleep)
  • The hardest things to find when moving are: church, hairdresser, and dentist.
  • Little ones with a headful of curly locks sure do draw a lot of attention.
  • Buying a new cookbook can rejuvenate the desire to cook.
  • I would never want to be a single mom! I have a new respect for single parents.
  • A burning candle can make a home feel cozy and not so empty.
  • I appreciate when people smile at the girls.
  • Double-seated shopping carts are genius.  The only thing better is a double-seated shopping cart cover!
  • I don't like to watch movies alone even at home.
  • The inquisitive mind of a nine month old is a fun thing to watch.
  • Hearing Andy's voice is all it takes to make my day!
These are some things I've thought about lately and and so now I'm sharing.  Feel free anyone who has some things they've learned to post them on your blog or leave a comment here.

7 comments:

The Medcalfs said...

I've learned that I should never doubt that God is working even when I think He isn't. HE is!! I have also learned to look for answers to prayers even if it is a small answer...those small ones sometimes lead to the bigger answer!!!

The Medcalfs said...

Dollar General Store is the best store ever!! LOL!!

Nona said...

I've learned that even though as a Mother you are the "teacher" you are constantly the "student" being taught by your children no matter what age they are. I'm so proud of you. Love, MOM

cole and ella's mom said...

I've learned that your husband and my husband are freakishly alike--and it just makes me want Andy home for you even more!

Huse Yo Mama said...

Great post, Alyssa.

I have learned nothing. I'm a bad student.

Leah Adams said...

I love these, Alyssa. How fun!!

Leah

Ed and Christy Millard said...

really good post! good thing you have an amazing hairstylist and a good dentist that tells him when you owe him lots of money:) and maybe a good church too:) encouraging to read!